Wiki Posts
Search

Picco 5 TX !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stirex
I ran the 5TX for it's second official race for me and was not disappointed, TQ'd and was leading 3/4 of the race until a rollover and slow turn marshall ended that. It has just over a gallon on it and is entering the prime condition area. I noticed as the day went on I was able to lean the top end another 3 hours and was still maintaining very low temps. Also was returning after a 5 min. qual with well over half a tank on the Tekno NT48 truggy. This was on a very loose and bumpy track. Having now tested it on a track with mid/high level traction and low/mid traction I can tell you that the power delivery and amount are just right. With the 2069 there isn't a short run up jump it couldn't clear, and still had the top end to catch others on the straight away. I will be ordering the 2099 pipe soon and I'm sure there will still be plenty of torque to pull the front wheels on the straight

I spoke with a couple guys at that race and they said your truggy was easily clearing and even overshooting the difficult sets out there some were struggling with
Old 07-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Im in love! I have used this motor in my Mugen mbx7 buggy for about 1 gallon. I use Byron 25% fuel. Clutch is jvd (same as Ascendancy) i use 4 alu shoes with 1.0mm springs all round.
I use picco 2069 pipe with small manifold. I definetly prefer the 2069 over the 2099 pipe. With the 2099 pipe i cant get the low end power i want. The 2069 pipe definetly produce power all over the powerband. Smooth and insane power when i need it.
This motor delivers exactly what i have been looking for the last couple of years.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Raced the Picco 5 TX again this weekend .. An All I can say is this is Sweet Motor . The bottom end GRUNT !!!! this thing Has an the TOP END is Just too Sweet... There where some Doubles ... Just out of truns with just a 2ft. run up there where Know problems getting over anything on the track... There is some video in the Ky.an Tenn Thread. Under the wildflower bring the heat race.. I beleave ...... An top end NO ONE WANTS ANY !!!!! LOL The top end is just wicked!!! Ran a 2057 werks pipe ran good cant wait to put the 2099 on it Cant wait too race this motor again...
Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

hello,
i would to know the difference between the 5TX and the 5TR
thx
Old 07-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yannis
hello,
i would to know the difference between the 5TX and the 5TR
thx
Quoted from Lance in the 5TR thread.....

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Yes it has a very punchy bottom end. We tested in buggy and truggy and although the 5TR does great in truggy the 5TX def is a lot stronger on the bottom. It just has a lot of low end grunt. It screams hard on the top as well so it is a wicked fast engine all around.

Runtime is on par with the 5TR but I have found for guys who struggle with fuel mileage or have a heavy finger the 5TX will be better on fuel for those drivers.

In buggy it works well too just depends on what " feel" you like

The Grey head looks great too
Old 07-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you like a motor with a really strong bottom... an a top end that pulls for days it seems like this is the motor for you fuel milage is awesome... it comes from factory with the inner bearning ceramic... this motor is the best I have ran .... cant go wrong ..very easy too tune.................. Lance at RcRenew.com sales Them...

Last edited by Mark McCoy; 07-17-2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have noticed some people saying they use a smaller manifold, what is the difference performance wise when using a small one to a bigger one?

What would be recommended with the new 5TX?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
I spoke with a couple guys at that race and they said your truggy was easily clearing and even overshooting the difficult sets out there some were struggling with
Yes it was. Was so great having an engine with power to spare. It was a very difficult track and the condition of it made it worse by days end. Having to really slow down in corners because of the ruts and bumps, I couldn't carry as much speed into the jumps. But with the power the TX has, was no problem

I had a chance to run the new chassis with TR at our local track for some test and tune and it just keeps getting better. A friend of mine with identical chassis and setup but with a Nova Beat drove mine and commented "Wow, I really have to get used to the power and power band of this engine, just power everywhere at anytime".

I can tell you I smiled and said wait till you try the TX
Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chopperjames619
I have noticed some people saying they use a smaller manifold, what is the difference performance wise when using a small one to a bigger one?

What would be recommended with the new 5TX?

Thanks
Manifolds or headers are used to more finely tune an exhaust system. As a rule of thumb, shorter for more top end and longer for more bottom end. Most manufactures include a header that is matched well with the pipe it comes with as there is a lot more going on than just picking a power band. Additionally the change is very minor unlike the feel you would get from changing the pipe.

From an engine website:

-If you increase the length in between the manifold and pipe, the engine will get better low rpm power(more torque) but you will loose high rpm power(less rpm at full speed).
-If you decrease the length in between the manifold and pipe, the engine will get better high rpm power(more rpm at full speed) but you will loose low rpm power(less torque).

So while it would be great to say running a 2099 with a shorter header would give you more bottom end, it might have an effect on other portions of the power band and running of the engine. There are a few topics on RC Tech regarding this and it is more complicated than it seems. I am under the general understanding that most headers and pipes that can be bought for our engines in any combination shouldn't put the exhaust system so far out of tune that the engines won't run; but, they probably won't run thier best.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stirex
Manifolds or headers are used to more finely tune an exhaust system. As a rule of thumb, shorter for more top end and longer for more bottom end. Most manufactures include a header that is matched well with the pipe it comes with as there is a lot more going on than just picking a power band. Additionally the change is very minor unlike the feel you would get from changing the pipe.

From an engine website:

-If you increase the length in between the manifold and pipe, the engine will get better low rpm power(more torque) but you will loose high rpm power(less rpm at full speed).
-If you decrease the length in between the manifold and pipe, the engine will get better high rpm power(more rpm at full speed) but you will loose low rpm power(less torque).

So while it would be great to say running a 2099 with a shorter header would give you more bottom end, it might have an effect on other portions of the power band and running of the engine. There are a few topics on RC Tech regarding this and it is more complicated than it seems. I am under the general understanding that most headers and pipes that can be bought for our engines in any combination shouldn't put the exhaust system so far out of tune that the engines won't run; but, they probably won't run thier best.
Thanks, Great info . Are you sticking with running the header that came with the 2099?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chopperjames619
Thanks, Great info . Are you sticking with running the header that came with the 2099?
Yes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last Sat. was another Great club race with this Awsome motor . The track Has 4 sets of doubles too get threw an with the Bottom end this picco 5TX has I could change up an double ,Triple single then double again... An boy was that sweet!!! ..... I Have found my new favorite !!!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mark McCoy
Last Sat. was another Great club race with this Awsome motor . The track Has 4 sets of doubles too get threw an with the Bottom end this picco 5TX has I could change up an double ,Triple single then double again... An boy was that sweet!!! ..... I Have found my new favorite !!!
So thinking about throwing one in the buggy also might save one for those short tracks when I want that little extra "BOOST"
Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This engine has really been a killer addition the the Picco lineup. This engine is a total animal The bottom end is so strong and screams unreal on the top end and hits very high RPMS. Just a fast engine from bottom to top.

You guys who asked for a more aggressive bottom end than the 5tR.......you got it
Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi,I'm currently running the 5tr in my serpent 2.0 buggy and loving it and now looking forward to get the tx.My question is most of you guys run the stock tx or mod version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.