Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BB Revo Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy BB Revo Issues

So im new to nitro rc and am having a hard time getting to where I want to be. I bought a revo 3.3 brand new about 6 months ago. it ran great but it was nothing compared to my erevo. So I looked into bb options. Finally bought an ofna .28 jl max with a custom bb revo rd logics exaust and ive had issues ever since. Im from el paso so the temp here is hot. The day I broke it in I could not get the engine running, I finally got it but the lsn was 6.5 turns out from closed. the hsn and idle screw were factory defaults so thi s baffled me. Ran great put almost .5 gallon through it then the gp went. Since then it just keeps going through glow plugs about every 1-3 runs. Im running sidewinder 20% and I use 2002 HD glow plugs from the local hs. I cant seem to find where a good toon lies. Theres just a right amount of blue smoke no exaust drip, its just dry enough and engine temp is not too hot. Please help
Old 06-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Your best bet is to take it to your local hobby shop and have them tune it and get you the best glow plug for it. I never heard of 2002 glow plugs but my guess is that you may have turbo plugs in a standard head button or the temp of the plug is way off. Other than my guesses it's very heard for us to tune your engine via the Internet.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Many are using the O.S. LC4 Plug. It's a medium standard plug.