Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
How much Air Filter should I put on my Foam Air Filters >

How much Air Filter should I put on my Foam Air Filters

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much Air Filter should I put on my Foam Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How much Air Filter should I put on my Foam Air Filters

Hi I have several Nitro off road engines and I was wondering how much filter oil should I put on the foams? Should I also put the oil on both the inner and the outer foams? Thank You Michael
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Saturate foam, wring out excess, then blot thoroughly with paper towels getting %100 of excess oil out

From what I've seen about %75 of racers run an oiled pre and main, while the others run a dry pre and oiled main. There is no wrong way. Personal preference and/or track conditions
Old 11-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Saturate foam, wring out excess, then blot thoroughly with paper towels getting %100 of excess oil out

From what I've seen about %75 of racers run an oiled pre and main, while the others run a dry pre and oiled main. There is no wrong way. Personal preference and/or track conditions
rallyebmx
I really appreciate your advice and will try this. Ive been running both filters saturated but I didnt remove the excess from but I will now. I did noticed it turned the carb insert on my OS XZB carb blue where it ran down the intake.