Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread >

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
usable power cuts off at 30k with the stock and 35k+with the mizer. Where am I reading it incorrectly?
i corrected my post.. sorry bud you are correct
Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would say more like 15K more usable powerband as opposed to a 6 mm insert

I tested this engine on a 6 mm, 7 mm and 8 mm...... the 6 mm is choked.... the 7 mm was better but the top end still choked..and the 8 mm runs like a banshee but has a weird anomaly off the bottom end I cannot tune out.... like a dip in power after clutch engagement before the engine takes off and pulls a big top end...The Mizer seems to have the same bottom end as the smaller inserts but has nearly the peak power and RPM of a 8 mm insert...Crazy thing is the Mizer is known to get as good or better mileage then the standard 6 mm.. Much much better then I expected...unreal considering the engine is barely past half throttle.. Now the down side is the tuning window on the Mizer is narrower, the bottom end need to be richer and the top leaner then a standard insert.........
Old 05-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
So today I dyno tested a stock Picco 5TX...solid engine for sure... anyways I tested the Mizer 6.2 mm vs the standard Picco 6 mm...... As you can see the Mizer performs much better and as well can get better mileage.... The regualr round 6 mm chokes the engine right back, the Mizer actually allows it to rev out much better then I would have expected...

wow, the mizer graph is the engine I would want to be driving for sure. great result, more power everywhere after 2oooo rpms, and looks more consistent (smoother)
Old 05-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I would say more like 15K more usable powerband as opposed to a 6 mm insert

I tested this engine on a 6 mm, 7 mm and 8 mm...... the 6 mm is choked.... the 7 mm was better but the top end still choked..and the 8 mm runs like a banshee but has a weird anomaly off the bottom end I cannot tune out.... like a dip in power after clutch engagement before the engine takes off and pulls a big top end...The Mizer seems to have the same bottom end as the smaller inserts but has nearly the peak power and RPM of a 8 mm insert...Crazy thing is the Mizer is known to get as good or better mileage then the standard 6 mm.. Much much better then I expected...unreal considering the engine is barely past half throttle.. Now the down side is the tuning window on the Mizer is narrower, the bottom end need to be richer and the top leaner then a standard insert.........

When are the Picco Mizer will be back in stock?
Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are these available anymore?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mavtop
Are these available anymore?
I've got a couple of sets NIP in the workshop somewhere. Can post anywhere.
Check in with Maximo on here (The Nitro Shop). He designed and distributed these when he was Clockwork Racing. Chances are he still has some available. If not email me through here.

Last edited by grizz1; 10-17-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I plan to make a batch of these next week !

stay tuned !
Old 10-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I plan to make a batch of these next week !

stay tuned !
Please put me down for a set for my reds engines! And since these are hard to get I might as well buy a set for OS engines as well.

Send me a PM please so I can get you my payment info. Thank you Maximo.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...icco-reds.html
Old 10-21-2016, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I still use these in my Reds, O.S Speed Spec II, Novarossi engines and get great run time additions depending on what I'm after from the engine and pipe combo.

I know Ben Sterling also ran these in his Alpha engines over in Vegas at the worlds, Lutz was impressed with the increased run time and crisp rasp of Bens engines
Old 10-21-2016, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
I still use these in my Reds, O.S Speed Spec II, Novarossi engines and get great run time additions depending on what I'm after from the engine and pipe combo.

I know Ben Sterling also ran these in his Alpha engines over in Vegas at the worlds, Lutz was impressed with the increased run time and crisp rasp of Bens engines
so did Lutz use them?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I would like to buy nitro mizer for my reds wr7. Does anyone know where they can be bought?