Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Hpi savage ss kit won't stay running >

Hpi savage ss kit won't stay running

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi savage ss kit won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Hpi savage ss kit won't stay running

I have a savage ss kit version with the S-25 engine in it. I ran it about 3 weeks ago and it ran perfect everything was good with the tunning and what not. I try to start it up again and it took forever to start and then it didn't wanna idle anymore. I reset the carb to factory settings and then it didn't wanna start. Everytime I try to prime the engine no fuel would go into the carb but when I give it full throttle fuel would finally enter the carb. What's the deal?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Check to see if your fuel inlet to the carb is clogged. Also check for holes in your pressure and fuel lines.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Everything is good there the fuel lines are good and I just cleaned the carb. Somebody was telling me to richen my low spend needle so that fuel would enter the carb easier. Idk I'm stumped here.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Recheck all your carb settings, drain the fuel and use fresh. Make sure you have your ignitor fully charged. Check your glow plug and make sure it is good. Look at it to see if it is wet, dry, burnt looking, or the coil is distorted. Start with the plug first as that is usually your culprit before you start messing with the carb needles.