Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS >

BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS

Like Tree1Likes

BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS

Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mx51
Which one do I get for the picco boost?
The one that says Novarossi/ Picco...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
Has anyone noticed longer run times after installing these shields? I would think so since technically you were running a rich tune to compensate for a front bearing air leak.
Bump..anybody??
Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
Bump..anybody??
I think a consistent tune is an efficient tune. The main objective of this product, IMO, is to prolong engine life by keeping dirt out.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Got them on all 3 motors.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Those of you that have the dust cap installed, do the aerosol spray test behind flywheel and tell me what you find...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PERROTTO
Those of you that have the dust cap installed, do the aerosol spray test behind flywheel and tell me what you find...
Perrotto

During the development and testing I probably did the brake cleaner test behind the flywheel 50 times. Never stalled the engine once.

I am out of country for a week, but if you like, I could video the test when I get back.

Bill
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retired09
Perrotto

During the development and testing I probably did the brake cleaner test behind the flywheel 50 times. Never stalled the engine once.

I am out of country for a week, but if you like, I could video the test when I get back.

Bill
A before and after vid would b even better, if u can. I have no doubt the cap helps, more curious to see how you do the test. When I spray motor cleaner anywhere on the block it will stall, assuming its because of the drastic/instant crankcase temp dropping because of the cold aerosol spray disrupting/changing internal air volume.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

it has nothing to do with the "cold" cleaner hitting the crankcase....
Old 04-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Looking forward to getting these caps! One less thing to worry about...
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here is a follow up on the caps in regards to engine tune and tuning window.Over the last 2 weeks I have been running caps on new,old and also rebuilt/pinched engines. My conclusion is this. These engines suck the highest amount of vacuum through the front bearing directly after a WOT pass immediately followed by breaking or completely off throttle. The barrel slide is closed but the engine is still spinning at a very high rpm when it cant get the volume of air it needs though the carb its draws from the front bearing. THIS causes a very inconsistent (non stable)drop in idol, slow drop, 2,3 stage idol, low idol then high idol. Most of these symptoms(if not ALL of them assuming the engine is functionally sound) are coming from an air leak from the front bearing.
I have been tuning my engines by letting the bottom fat and tuning in the HSN first. Getting it nice and crispy and pulling hard with great top end still blowing smoke. After that I adjust the lsn and idle so its snappy and no high idol/fat bottom signs. With these caps all 3 of these engines instantly go to idol To the point were i cant even hear them come down because they are still on the pipe. Now here is the point I want to make... The HSN is the main jet of the carb and when making adjustments to it that also effects the bottom, may go lean or fat depending on if you lean or rich-en the top the idol will either raise or drop as well. When my engines are tuned i have almost a 6 hour window(4 hours fat 2 hours leaner) on the HSN were i can make adjustment and there is ZERO effect on the LSN nor idol!!! NOW... lean is to lean,engine get warm and richer ends up fat but the idol and drop to idol after WOT passes does not change!!! 100% stable. Air leaks from the front bearing are causing all kinds of issues and in the past we have just been masking the problem with improper carb jetting!!! Tuning for me is no longer a PITA. Its actually quite enjoyable now to make adjustments based upon what I hear and the engine responds accordingly!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Nyk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well Im sold on them so far! lol Ive ordered a set yesterday, and will be breaking in my motor next week.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just a quick update.....these things rock! Had to retune all my engines (a healthy stable of them) because they were all fat on the LSN after installing. I am anal about my gear and always tear down my engines after a race weekend. Although I have never had issues with excess amounts of dirt entering my engines, it is clear that the front bearings do indeed suck in copious amounts of air and fine particles of dirt after installing these caps.

My Nova's needed 4-5 hours on the LSN and my Werks needed almost a full turn. And my engines were tuned to max performance (or so I thought) before.

Dave/Brain/Bill/Neal nice work with this little gem.....now lets hurry up with that new little front bea....well you know.....project.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hookem34
Just a quick update.....these things rock! Had to retune all my engines (a healthy stable of them) because they were all fat on the LSN after installing. I am anal about my gear and always tear down my engines after a race weekend. Although I have never had issues with excess amounts of dirt entering my engines, it is clear that the front bearings do indeed suck in copious amounts of air and fine particles of dirt after installing these caps.

My Nova's needed 4-5 hours on the LSN and my Werks needed almost a full turn. And my engines were tuned to max performance (or so I thought) before.

Dave/Brain/Bill/Neal nice work with this little gem.....now lets hurry up with that new little front bea....well you know.....project.
Bea... WTF??? I hate teasers!!! Spit it out dammit!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My budget is pretty much tapped for the start of this season. I could swing buying the caps, but I can not swing buying the caps AND a new flywheel.... Seeing as the losi flywheel has a flange it obviously won't work as-is.....however....I can't really see any good reason I shouldn't be able to mill the flange off of the back side of the flywheel? The only reason it seems to be there is to cover the front of the crank case better to protect from dirt/debris getting between the flywheel and the bearing.

Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdchris
My budget is pretty much tapped for the start of this season. I could swing buying the caps, but I can not swing buying the caps AND a new flywheel.... Seeing as the losi flywheel has a flange it obviously won't work as-is.....however....I can't really see any good reason I shouldn't be able to mill the flange off of the back side of the flywheel? The only reason it seems to be there is to cover the front of the crank case better to protect from dirt/debris getting between the flywheel and the bearing.

Thoughts?
I would mill it off ...wont hurt anything....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.