Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Gotta Love Paying for a name. >

Gotta Love Paying for a name.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gotta Love Paying for a name.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Did anyone read the title?

I simply pointed out it is 3x more expensive on another site and i like it, never said anything about racing with it. i currently use a nova bonito when its game time.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sheldbop
Yea, but there isnt much about the new line yet.
And those engines are still 150. what i was saying is i paid $60 for this motor and even after months it keeps up with my 5 port novarossi.
not bashing novarossi because i love there engines also; but idk if ill ever be able to make myself pay that much for an engine again. if you ever have an extra 60 bucks, order it. by then turnigy may have cloned the 7 port. Hopefully someone will see this and decide to order it, just trying to spread the word and savings
you run Novarossi when you say "it's game time" ......... yet here you say. Your statements seem to be different on different posts.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Security Guard steps in: "Hey guys, I don't mean to kill your buzz but no feeding the troll...zoo policy."
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

traded an old revo roller for it, not that its any of ur business. you guys are like females on here lol
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

and if you notice, it says "again" which means the motor would have been purchased previously.......
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default lol

Originally Posted by jeromerc
You are looking at this the wrong way. The engine for you might be a great engine, but the million dollar questions are.....Do you race? Do you win with that engine? The answer is the key, if you race, would you trust a $60 engine or a $300 engine more?? Do you think that any top driver would use that engine at the nationals or worlds???? Those answers are all probably "NO"

Now if you are going to bash and race with your buddies to see who is faster and not truly compete then I would almost NEVER want to buy a $300 engine.

I ran Orion engines that aren't cheap, had 1 great one, one that was crap and one that is so so. I also have a 7 port Novarossi that I love, and an O.S. Speed that so far I really like as well and if things go as planned with my local HS then I will be switching and only running Fusion engines. I would have no worries about spending $100 to enter a race with any of those engines, but to pay $100 to enter a race with a $60 engine no way...

i never said i did. i have seperate engines for racing that i've acquired thru trading and rebuild.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pickle311
Then how can you compare the quality of a $60 engine to a top if the line engine?

Have fun with it, but please don't come here making asinine statements that could mislead people who are trying to learn.
In no way, shape, or form is the quality of that engine comparable to that of a Novarossi or OS.
Please read before commenting. "i also have top of the line" engines
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pickle311
Then how can you compare the quality of a $60 engine to a top if the line engine?

Have fun with it, but please don't come here making asinine statements that could mislead people who are trying to learn.
In no way, shape, or form is the quality of that engine comparable to that of a Novarossi or OS.
it is an honest review of someone who has been thru many nitro engines thru the years.from trx and "Go" to nova ninja and picco. and i was impressed with the longevity and power curve and ability to hold a tune of the most recent go engine. and found it interesting that there was such a large price difference just because it has a name tag on it. i am in no way miss leading anyone.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeromerc
you run Novarossi when you say "it's game time" ......... yet here you say. Your statements seem to be different on different posts.
key word. again....
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would love to have the luxury of being able to buy brand new high dollar race engines, but i don't, i find the best ones i can and rebuild them. After all the engines i have been thru, one of my more recent purchases had acceptable performance compared to higher priced engines that i have purchased in the past. I never claimed to race it. i do take it to practice days and run the hell out of it and it hasnt given up on me. i was simply sharing that information hoping that someone more close minded that overlooked it because of the price thinking it was a crappy motor would re think it and give it a try. if i can help someone get something that i know from experience last and works well for a good price, then i am going to share that info. that is partially what this forum is about. idk why you guys had to get all menopausal and break down everything i say like Im down talking your precious engines. apparently the thread was not meant for you.

how many of you have personally had this engine??
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

There already was a Aeg thread, what was wrong with posting on that one? A few years ago I ran pretty much this same engine called the Go 3 port sport. Go sold it for $115.00 I believe at the time. (Motogod I believe had one) I raced one, modded up it was a nice engine for the $. It is not the same engine as the Go a-main sells. The bearings are cheaper, cuts in the sleeve are not near as good, the crank does not have any special cuts etc. The 3 needle carb is also way better.

Rex
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Lord

First of all, the looks does not tell if it is really a GO engine....
Go engines are known of a tight pinch which is not with this engine and you will never know the quality level of the materials and production process.

But lets not talk about the engine but more about Hobbyking.

Hobbyking is located in a country were factories and employees are cheap, not only due the local economics but also the lack on healthy and safety rules. Producing products in own house and selling them directly through their own internet shop is going beyond many distribution channels, both is making the consumer price. Products not made in own house are made by manufacturers arround Hobbyking, so they are made in the same financial conditions.

An anoying thing about Hobbyking is the lack of service, support and warranty. Most loyal customers even do not bother warranty with such low prices an do order a new one if it is broken or even when it is DOA. And the people who want service, support and warranty are searching help on many forums and even at the LHS. (A dutch RC forum knows many questions about HK products and also questions about ordering, paying and shipment)

Another anoying thing is that with this shop many shops arround the world are closed because people think they are ripped off at the LHS not thinking that also the LHS does not earn that much due prices he has to pay to the distributors.

For most people (for sure starters) the LHS is still the better choice to buy your products, they can and will provide the service you need.

So think first before you put the LHS in a bad daylight.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
First of all, the looks does not tell if it is really a GO engine....
Go engines are known of a tight pinch which is not with this engine and you will never know the quality level of the materials and production process.

But lets not talk about the engine but more about Hobbyking.

Hobbyking is located in a country were factories and employees are cheap, not only due the local economics but also the lack on healthy and safety rules. Producing products in own house and selling them directly through their own internet shop is going beyond many distribution channels, both is making the consumer price. Products not made in own house are made by manufacturers arround Hobbyking, so they are made in the same financial conditions.

An anoying thing about Hobbyking is the lack of service, support and warranty. Most loyal customers even do not bother warranty with such low prices an do order a new one if it is broken or even when it is DOA. And the people who want service, support and warranty are searching help on many forums and even at the LHS. (A dutch RC forum knows many questions about HK products and also questions about ordering, paying and shipment)

Another anoying thing is that with this shop many shops arround the world are closed because people think they are ripped off at the LHS not thinking that also the LHS does not earn that much due prices he has to pay to the distributors.

For most people (for sure starters) the LHS is still the better choice to buy your products, they can and will provide the service you need.

So think first before you put the LHS in a bad daylight.
Online shopping is the way of the future, buying direct from manufacture will be the norm in the next few years to come. Sad but true. Pricing will effect on the cost of products being sold on line.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

No it's based on how much the manufacture thinks they can charge and the people not reject it. Perceived value is everything. When the people stand up and say and do something things change.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What engine here will work well in Truggy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.