Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
NEW - Arrow Racing GTR-II PLUS 5-Port DLC Crank Short Stroke .21 >

NEW - Arrow Racing GTR-II PLUS 5-Port DLC Crank Short Stroke .21

NEW - Arrow Racing GTR-II PLUS 5-Port DLC Crank Short Stroke .21

Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rsickles
If you are looking for a budget engine, personally I'd recommend the Werks B2 over the Arrow, especially for truggy. There's zero reason the Arrow should cost more than a B2, which is higher quality IMO (i.e. - machined piston, etc).
Problem with B2 is that it doesn't have much top end. B2 is really for small indoor club racing.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The real value with Arrow products are the piston sleeve and rod and now also the DLC crank. They can be used to rebuild quite a few OS based engines and they work really well, they are good quality and very inexpensive. The arrow carb, case and bearings are what is holding this company back from having a fantastic race engine in the $200 price range.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
The real value with Arrow products are the piston sleeve and rod and now also the DLC crank. They can be used to rebuild quite a few OS based engines and they work really well, they are good quality and very inexpensive. The arrow carb, case and bearings are what is holding this company back from having a fantastic race engine in the $200 price range.
well knowing this i would still be interested in trying the engine, if anthing i could use a spare os carb to see how it works first and if its good i would keep it going for as long as it runs! lets just say i got one and it didnt seem to run right or it had a case failure, could i use the piston and sleeve in my bo1a or my bo2? would the crank work or only the psr? and i also have the xzb speed 1 and the blue head xzb that i could see myself swapping out cranks in because the blue head doesnt have a dlc coated crank... what engines does the arrow parts work in?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
well knowing this i would still be interested in trying the engine, if anthing i could use a spare os carb to see how it works first and if its good i would keep it going for as long as it runs! lets just say i got one and it didnt seem to run right or it had a case failure, could i use the piston and sleeve in my bo1a or my bo2? would the crank work or only the psr? and i also have the xzb speed 1 and the blue head xzb that i could see myself swapping out cranks in because the blue head doesnt have a dlc coated crank... what engines does the arrow parts work in?
Arrow and Vzb are direct swap, they are the short stroke, Xzb is a longer stroke. I have rebuilt many old V-specs with the Arrow crank, rod, piston and sleeve, all fit very well. I have been selling a few Go Cera that are also the same as the Arrow.
Even the uncoated Arrow crank lasts much longer than the stock Os crank.

Rex
Old 10-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I split two cases along the center casting seam. Granted, the Agama has quite a bit of flex, but this has never happened with any other engine.

The were pretty good up to that point, but both only made it about 2 gallons. If anyone has a VZ-B case... lemme know...

Also, I put a two needle RB carb in one of them, and it was even better till the case let go.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BillyT.
I split two cases along the center casting seam. Granted, the Agama has quite a bit of flex, but this has never happened with any other engine.

The were pretty good up to that point, but both only made it about 2 gallons. If anyone has a VZ-B case... lemme know...

Also, I put a two needle RB carb in one of them, and it was even better till the case let go.
what about selling the engines?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Got cases coming, sorry man...
Old 10-28-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

The latest Arrow engines now come with an improved case and a new carb body.

The case is supposed to be thicker and stronger so it will crack less often.
The new body and insulator are supposed to improve the tune holding.

We just got the new engines last month.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
The latest Arrow engines now come with an improved case and a new carb body.

The case is supposed to be thicker and stronger so it will crack less often.
The new body and insulator are supposed to improve the tune holding.

We just got the new engines last month.
how do you tell them apart from the other ones..
Old 10-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

The new case is machined on the side of the engine mounting ears. So it is shinny, not black coated.

The new carb body is shaped different and has different cooling fins.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

That's awesome. Great engines if the cases are sorted out.

Will you guys gave the updated case for sale?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BillyT.
That's awesome. Great engines if the cases are sorted out.

Will you guys gave the updated case for sale?
We will in the future but right now we still have many of the old cases in stock. But all the engines in stock have the new cases.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

is it going to have the same style crankshaft as the Cera where there's more of a turbo cut on the back, or is it the same "big pumpkin hole" type deal..?
Old 11-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

FWIW, the Arrow rear cover will not fit in the VZ-B case... Arrow is 1.050 and OS is 1.020... They use the same rear bearing though... but the holes for the rear cover are not the same.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

New version of the Arrow-Racing GTR-II Plus 3+2 Port Short Stroke .21 Nitro Engine.

Now includes a revised crankcase that is thicker and less prone to cracking. Also includes an all new carburetor for easier tuning and reliability.

The new case can be identified by machining of the mounting ears. The new carb can be identified by machining in the middle of the cooling fins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.