Need help please

Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help please

Hi everyone I recently bought a cen mg10 Mt3, I had it out today but after starting her up and accelerating she kept cutting out after a burst of acceleration. I could smell a smell of melted plastic after trying a few times. I'm a noob to RC cars so if anyone knows what's wrong or could be wrong or has any information at all that would help me it would be really appreciated thank you.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

melted the fuel tank and air is getting in?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 1TUFSPARTAN
melted the fuel tank and air is getting in?
I don't think so the fuel tank isn't leaking nor looks melted in any way, could I have melted something in the engine or a cog ? The engine runs fine until I press to accelerate then it ha a little burst then engine sounds like its ready to cut out if I accelerate for any more than a few seconds it just cuts out completely.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Just a thought...try to mess with your needles a little. Maybe your just too rich/lean?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

read the tuning bible at the top of the nitro engine thread
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

When it's in idle it's accelerating a bit is this normal ? Could I hav the remote set up wrong ?

Thanks ncdirtracer.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Accelerating for a short burst, then cutting out when you apply full throttle is a lean bog.....the engine isn't getting enough fuel to feed it properly at full throttle. Richen your high speed needle a quarter of a turn. If it still does it, richen it another quarter turn.

Once it's very rich, and blubbery at full throttle, start leaning it out 1 hour at a time until the performance is good, but it's not lean bogging.

That "smell of melted plastic" was your engine getting extremely hot from running too lean.....good way to destroy it in a hurry.....
Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Gazbhoy
Hi everyone I recently bought a cen mg10 Mt3, I had it out today but after starting her up and accelerating she kept cutting out after a burst of acceleration. I could smell a smell of melted plastic after trying a few times. I'm a noob to RC cars so if anyone knows what's wrong or could be wrong or has any information at all that would help me it would be really appreciated thank you.
That smell is the paint burning off your head because it's running too hot. You need to increase the HSN setting until the motor starts to bog a little and then back it off about 1/2 turn.