Need alittle advice

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Need alittle advice

I got an ofna ultra in a package deal. The carb needed cleaning so i pulled it apart and cleaned all jets and carb body real good and blew out with air. My question is what would be a good starting point from all the way in on the jets. How many turns out do you suggest on the low, high and so on. Just to get it running for fine tuning. Thanks alot in advance for any guidance.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Not certain what engine was included in the "package deal" ... here is an Ofna web page that might help:

http://ofna.com/guide-tune-basics.php
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter"
I got an ofna ultra in a package deal. The carb needed cleaning so i pulled it apart and cleaned all jets and carb body real good and blew out with air. My question is what would be a good starting point from all the way in on the jets. How many turns out do you suggest on the low, high and so on. Just to get it running for fine tuning. Thanks alot in advance for any guidance.
Just spit balling here but 1/2 to 1 turn out from flush on the low side needle and 3-3 1/2 turns out on the high side should be some what decent to start with. You may need to go 1/2 turn either way on both after start up and re tune from there. Idle, you need to eye ball it with everything on before you start the engine. A little gap like .4 to .6mm is good.

Has the engine been broken in???
Old 10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks alot for the quick response. Yes it has been broke in. The engine is the Ofna .25. The buggy sat up for a while, so when I went to start it, it did crank an ran but rebbed extremely high. I tried to adjust but it wouldn't help. Thats when I decided to tear the carb down for a good cleaning.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the Link triplebvalp. Thats good to have seeing I'm getting into nitro and most of what I have so far is Ofna.