Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
What are my clutch shoe options? >

What are my clutch shoe options?

What are my clutch shoe options?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What are my clutch shoe options?

I made the mistake of jumping the gun and buying a "rtr". I got the RC8RS rtr. Great car, but I have been spending some major cash upgrading the car to my likings. After new Savox servos, new M11 radio, new Jconcepts body, new Reedy 121vr engine and pipe, tires, and shocks, I am finally getting it where I am comfortable. I want to ditch the fiber clutch shoes for aluminum, but I want to know my options. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mberta2
I made the mistake of jumping the gun and buying a "rtr". I got the RC8RS rtr. Great car, but I have been spending some major cash upgrading the car to my likings. After new Savox servos, new M11 radio, new Jconcepts body, new Reedy 121vr engine and pipe, tires, and shocks, I am finally getting it where I am comfortable. I want to ditch the fiber clutch shoes for aluminum, but I want to know my options. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
Associated's clutch setup is proprietary to associated , the way their center diff/brakes/engine placement is you pretty much gotta run their clutch , two aluminum , one carbon works great with 1.0mm springs

There are some great clutch systems out there , the two favorite and longest lasting clutches i would highly recommend are the werks clutch setup and the buku setup
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

i have used the Dynamite Platinum aluminum shoes and have had pretty good luck and long lasting for me
Old 09-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Associated's clutch setup is proprietary to associated , the way their center diff/brakes/engine placement is you pretty much gotta run their clutch , two aluminum , one carbon works great with 1.0mm springs

There are some great clutch systems out there , the two favorite and longest lasting clutches i would highly recommend are the werks clutch setup and the buku setup
Out of curiosity, why 2 aluminum and one fiber? I have .9mm springs, and 1.0mm springs so I'm good there. I am going to the LHS monday to get some aluminum shoes. Can anyone tell me a part number for the AE aluminum shoes? I have found a couple sets on their web page. Not sure what the difference is. I think one includes shims and one doesn't.
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/89134/
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/89146/
Old 09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

1st link is for rc8 standard clutch shoes
2nd link is for rc8 hard clutch shoes.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Get the ones in the second link...hard shoes. They last quite a while. If you use 1.0 springs you'll be good to go.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run the carbon shoes on my AE buggy. They just feel better to me. I run 2 with 1.0 springs and 1 with 1.1 spring.