Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
We tried the sliders a couple years ago ( on buggy and truggy)and for us they killed bottom end as well and didnt feel good or consistant to us.
Talked to the guys at the track and they said it was actually better i was using the slider whenever the track was hooked up. They said if the clutch was grabbing it would bog down. Plus part of the reason i had no bottom was because i was using a 14 on a track that needed a 13. Will upgrade to the buku later on but i'm fine for now.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

just go with a wekrs clutch and be forever happy...........great race clutch.
try it with a combo of aluminum and composite shoes 1.0/.9 springs. i race with the light clutch on my 8T 2.0...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alexrckid
just go with a wekrs clutch and be forever happy...........great race clutch.
try it with a combo of aluminum and composite shoes 1.0/.9 springs. i race with the light clutch on my 8T 2.0...
People at my track said the werks clutch had problems with the clutch nut slipping off after adjustments. Think i'll go bukuk because they're proven.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
People at my track said the werks clutch had problems with the clutch nut slipping off after adjustments. Think i'll go bukuk because they're proven.
Sounds like your talking about the Werks Racing Adjustable 4-Shoe Monster Clutch WRX6521

Most people use the Werks Pro clutch. Different design.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

I would run the lightest spring or the medium spring and a metal shoe set. If you want an adjustable one you can shell out for the m2c, buku or werks. The stock one should work fine though.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boinker
I would run the lightest spring or the medium spring and a metal shoe set. If you want an adjustable one you can shell out for the m2c, buku or werks. The stock one should work fine though.
You can't get aluminum shoes for the fioroni sliding clutch. And only stock springs or stiffer springs.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Here in Germany the RMV Speed 2.5 carbon clutch has been THE go-to clutch for years..
I've been using the Speed 2.5 for 3-4 years.
The clutch shoes just never wear out, I replaced the unit just now this year and that says a lot for how long it will last.
It's a fantastic clutch.

My friend went and bought one of these "Kompak" clutches or whatever they're called, it lasted one day before the shoes melted.

People can use whatever they want, but I am sticking with the speed 2.5, and I'm absolutely not tempted to try this buku clutch that people talk about - set screws you adjust in and out, sounds like a hassle to get it right.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
I've been using the Speed 2.5 for 3-4 years.
The clutch shoes just never wear out, I replaced the unit just now this year and that says a lot for how long it will last.
It's a fantastic clutch.

My friend went and bought one of these "Kompak" clutches or whatever they're called, it lasted one day before the shoes melted.

People can use whatever they want, but I am sticking with the speed 2.5, and I'm absolutely not tempted to try this buku clutch that people talk about - set screws you adjust in and out, sounds like a hassle to get it right.

How can u knock something before you've even tried it. Hassle I think not.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Talked to the guys at the track and they said it was actually better i was using the slider whenever the track was hooked up. They said if the clutch was grabbing it would bog down. Plus part of the reason i had no bottom was because i was using a 14 on a track that needed a 13. Will upgrade to the buku later on but i'm fine for now.

Use what you like best, we didnt like it at all. All of us that tried it thought a normal 3 shoes aluminum felt more consistant than that slider, and we tried all the spring configs we could think of. but a lot of it is personal preference.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I race with the M2C adjustable clutch and love the ability to add and subtract weight for different track types. I had a werks clutch and it burnt up the shoes in 3 races... I also heard buku was a fantastic clutch system...