Wiki Posts
Search

VOX OTTO C1 Pro or Reds R5T

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default VOX OTTO C1 Pro or Reds R5T

Given the chance which of the two engines would you get? VOX Otto-C1-Pro VOX OTTO C1 Pro or Reds Racing R5T http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/r5t/r5t

Both seem like BEASTS....Does anyone actually own both? Anyone seen either handled in a race by equally capable drivers?

I'm not a racer (yet) but maybe one day when I grow up (LOL). I have a Werks B6 that I run but I have one more Revo chassis that I have not completed.

Thanks!

Last edited by Re-Hooked; 07-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Re-Hooked
Given the chance which of the two engines would you get? VOX Otto-C1-Pro VOX OTTO C1 Pro or Reds Racing R5T http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/r5t/r5t

Both seem like BEASTS....Does anyone actually own both? Anyone seen either handled in a race by equally capable drivers?

I'm not a racer (yet) but maybe one day when I grow up (LOL). I have a Werks B6 that I still running but I have one more Revo chassis that I have not completed.

Thanks!
Been using the Otto C1 Pro FT and indeed it's a beast. Had it through Garen. All I can say is wow. The consistency is just awesome that I had another one for my offroad buggy. hope this feedback helps since I am speaking through proper experience. Cheers.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Wow.. should I add the Bullitt B-218

Man look at the specs on the Bullitt B-218 http://www.nemoracing.com/Nemo_Racing/BULLITT.html Should I throw this one into the mix? Anyone seen this in action against a VOX Otto or Reds R5T?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default That is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle...

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
Been using the Otto C1 Pro FT and indeed it's a beast. Had it through Garen. All I can say is wow. The consistency is just awesome that I had another one for my offroad buggy. hope this feedback helps since I am speaking through proper experience. Cheers.

thanks...I only wish I have the open roads here in Chicago to run one of those...The streets \ parking lots here are in horrible condition. VERY Nice looking...though
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks...I only wish I have the open roads here in Chicago to run one of those...The streets \ parking lots here are in horrible condition. VERY Nice looking...though
....and I think we posted and replied in the wrong section. This should be for off-road topics, mate.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

No worries...I'm talking about engines for my Revo and you mentioned your off road buggy so we are good!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Seems the Bullitt is an OS made engine. That is really promising. The B218 has higher RPM than the VOX and Red Racing engine. Does that always equate to more power, faster acceleration?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

I missed something...Anyone know why this thread was moved?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Seems the Bullitt is an OS made engine. That is really promising. The B218 has higher RPM than the VOX and Red Racing engine. Does that always equate to more power, faster acceleration?
More RPM's equals more top speed not necessarily more power or acceleration. I cannot comment on the performance as i've never seen any of these engines run.
If your looking for a good engine at an affordable price never count out the alpha plus engines, there A352 .23 would turn your revo into a BEAST.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both are manufactured by Picco, and since I run VOX engines, I can say the C1 Pro is very good. Fast, easy to tune, good mileage, holds an idle well. I am sure the Reds is good too, but I have not run one.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Haven't seen or run VOX but have used both R5T and the new R5T-Team Edition and you simply cant go wrong with these engines. Very smooth torquey power and excellent fuel milage. The Team Edition is noticeably quicker and if you can fork out the extra is well worth it.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Interesting...(but glad it is so) no one has any harsh words for either engine. I can't find much on the Bullitt at all. Hhhmmm might have to pass on the Bullitt for now. Leaning towards the VOX.

Can I run/install On-Road Engine in a Revo? What issues would I run into? I do some light bashing...mostly speed runs, little jumps nothing major at all. Also why do some engine manufacturers choose not to list RPMs? Reds-Racing engines has listed everything but that spec on their website.

Last edited by Re-Hooked; 07-27-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: poor wording
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Interesting...(but glad it is so) no one has any harsh words for either engine. I can't find much on the Bullitt at all. Hhhmmm might have to pass on the Bullitt for now. Leaning towards the VOX.

Can I run an instal On-Road Engine in a Revo? What issue would into? I do some light bashing...mostly speed runs, little jumps nothing major at all. Also why do some engine manufacturers choose not to list RPMs? Reds-Racing engines have lists everything but that spec on their website.
No I wouldn't put a on road engine on a MT the on road engines weren't designed to carry such a drive train in sure. The bullit engine is a os with a diffrent cooling head internals are os to par! Which means good. Also reds/vox are said to be a picco. I now run picco engines and love them also nice priced engines are werks or alpha. Check out TritonRC.com and look at the picco they also make a .28 sized designed for people wanting the torque and power to drag a MT around like a feather.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks NitroXray - I'm confused though regarding the On-Road/Off-Road engine response. Most times the engine specs for On-Road engines are "better" than that of the Off-Road engines. And now that I think about it...Didn't Traxxas put the same 3.3 engine in all of their on-road and off-road cars. I agree the 3.3 is not in the same class as a VOX or Reds engine however the specs of the Off-Road is lower than the On-Road.

Last edited by Re-Hooked; 07-28-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks NitroXray - I'm confused though regarding the On-Road/Off-Road engine response. Most times the engine specs for On-Road engines are "better" than that of the Off-Road engines. And now that I think about it...Didn't Traxxas put the same 3.3 engine all of their on-road and off-road cars. I agree the 3.3 is not in the same class as a VOX or Reds engine seems the specs on the Off-Road is lower than the On.
Because the on road engines are designed with purpose in mind. Street, smooth high traction surfaces in a low profile car, cooling is way diffrent on the heads of on road to offload. Also size. You take a on road engine off road it won't last much longer then a 3.3 honestly lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.