Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Fioroni 4 shoe air flow clutch with an 8ight? >

Fioroni 4 shoe air flow clutch with an 8ight?

Fioroni 4 shoe air flow clutch with an 8ight?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Fioroni 4 shoe air flow clutch with an 8ight?

I was looking at this on amain. The 8ight 2.0 isn't on the compatibility list. Why wouldn't this work when other buggies are on theh list that are on the actual Losi clutch compatibility as well. I just ordered this along with a 521r for the 8ight and was hoping to drop it in Thursday and get broke in before Sunday! Please ease my worries! i guess if it won't then they're both going back for the b6 and I'll just stick with the stock Losi clutch. (yes I'm stubborn like that)
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Link to clutch

ww.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_24_78/products_id/180196/n/Fioroni-Quattro-Lightweight-Air-Flow-4-Shoe-Adjustable-Clutch-System-Hard-Anodized
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You will prob have to use the losi collet or maybe a mugen style collett and defiantly a Mugen / ofna style clutch bell. I don't see why it wouldn't work but I've never seen one. I'm a huge fan of Fioroni but most stay away because of the $$$$

Bolt it up and let us know

This one right?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hard-Anodized
Old 05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Yes, I don't see why it wouldnt, the only problem you may have is with the collet and/or clutch bell. You need a Losi specific clutch bell.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Well after comparing it to Losi clutch, the demensions are almost the same. Had to use the nut from the Losi clutch cuz the one it came with was to short and the clutch bell had around a 3mm play front to back. After mounted up Theres about a 1mm gap from flywheel to bell but the shoe edge is in line with the bell edge so it seemed fine. I mounted and it works great. Using a Robinson racing xtra hard bell for the 8ight. Haven't actually temp tested the bell or anything yet, I'm breaking in a new motor well so thats the last on the list at the moment. Thanks for the replies!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank L
yes thats it. I just can't post links yet so I took some letters off to make the filters think it wasn't a link, lol
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi8ight10
yes thats it. I just can't post links yet so I took some letters off to make the filters think it wasn't a link, lol

Let us know what you think once it's on the ground.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank L

Let us know what you think once it's on the ground.
so far it works great! Those blades came in handy breaking in the new motor when the piston got stuck. It also helps grip the starter wheel better. I have it set on the 2 spring tension and it has the perfect amount of snap that i like. Compared to a 2 shoe Losi rtr clutch you cang definitely feel more bite. Ill post after tear down on Monday to check the shoes. Did a short drag against a b5 with a werks clutch and took him off the line almost every time.. If that says anything,lol