help

Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default help

i striped the engine and found nitro rc car inner tube jams when its all screwed together any ideas...

i have tried everything
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by prianc
i striped the engine and found nitro rc car inner tube jams when its all screwed together any ideas...

i have tried everything
Could you elaborate, or possibly post pics?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi

hi sorry can elabourate since put it back togther to try again but it still didn't work.

basicly there is a piston tube (gold tube inside) and when i but the top on the engine does spin constantly it eventally stops. However it the gold tube is up and does what it wants to the engine works really smooth..

this thing
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...0/29010_md.jpg
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you look at the top of the piston sleeve(copper looking piece) you will notice a little notch on one side. Now on the motor crankcase you will notice a little pin sticking up. You need to line the notch up with that pin and make sure its pushed all the way down. Hopefully you have the piston turned the right way. To make sure there should be a shorter side on the piston skirt that side faces the engine the longer side to the outside of the engine. Now when you put the crankcover back on make sure the notched outside is facing upward towards the top of the motor. Now when you have it all back together there will be a point at TDC(top dead center) that you feel the motor "lock up" that is due to the pinch at the top of the sleeve and is normal.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

That's the sleeve. Is it a new engine? Sounds like it still needs to be broken in.

It's normal for new engines to be really tight. When you put the engine back together and reinstall it on your car, make sure you pre- heat it (200-210F) when you go to fire it back up. Heat is your freind when breaking in engines