Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

werks B6/2058 pipe combo gets my vote!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
werks B6/2058 pipe combo gets my vote!
+1

I've been watching lots of engines run at the track, and the B6 is to me by far the smoothest. Top end is incredible once she gets going.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit
+1

I've been watching lots of engines run at the track, and the B6 is to me by far the smoothest. Top end is incredible once she gets going.
i dont know what it is but the majority of guys i talk to in my area have all had real bad luck wth those werks engines.wont hold a tune,carb problems,etc
Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanker71
i dont know what it is but the majority of guys i talk to in my area have all had real bad luck wth those werks engines.wont hold a tune,carb problems,etc
I think that you are going to find that the vast majority of people that have even a basic understanding of how to tune an engine have zero problems at all with our engines.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am new to nitro and have no problem at all tuning this engine. I did have problems early on due to the o-rings on the carb being split. I also found the front bearing seal had come off as well. The bearing was more than likely my fault as I didn't put a shim between the bearing and the flywheel. Not sure if that was the cause but it's what I was told caused the problem. Tuning doesn't get any easier. Start the car with needles set slightly rich. Adjust idle with LSN. Send it out on the track and adjust the HSN, once done make one final adjustment to LSN. It takes me 5 minutes to tune this engine and I'm just a noob.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No one has mentioned clutch setup and gearing ratios are far bigger factors in a 'linear feeling' engines... not to mention pipe choices.

That aside, the smoothest engine I ever drove was one of Ed's full-mod JS' with an O.S. 2050 pipe (experimenting)... it totally neutered the top end but slightly bumped up the bottom... it was like driving a diesel. Definitely not the fastest, but sure was smooth.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The Werks is by far one of the easiest engines to tune if you use Ron's techniques that is found thoughout Werks engine posts.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Werks b6 and a 2058 pipe gets my vote. What do you mean it doesent hold a tune. Once broke in you never have to adjust the screws. The most reliable engine I have ever owned.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
psr
Tech Regular

to be honest ive never had issues with any werks personally.

But the localy sponsered driver at the time went through a few of them to the point of running a os, i believe with a werks head im sure it was a os he claimed to many tuning issues .

The only issue i had was lack of power but thats why it was brought ther engine
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'd have to say the alpha a872 w/2090 pipe paired with the orion crf v6 clutch...but that's just me...

to be honest, if you clutch a motor right, there's no reason for an engine not to be smooth reguardless what plant it comes out of....
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

oh dont get me wrong ive never owned a werks,ive only owned rb and now a jammin.its just that 5-6 seasoned guys i race with pretty much all say the same thing.they wouldnt recommend it.i ran nitro for years about 4-5 yrs ago and i always ran rb but it seemed back then they were light switches!i just dont wanna make a bad decision.please elaborate on clutch tuning.i understand lighter springs will engage sooner and stiffer springs the opposite but is there more to it than that?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh dont get me wrong ive never owned a werks,ive only owned rb and now a jammin.its just that 5-6 seasoned guys i race with pretty much all say the same thing.they wouldnt recommend it.i ran nitro for years about 4-5 yrs ago and i always ran rb but it seemed back then they were light switches!i just dont wanna make a bad decision.please elaborate on clutch tuning.i understand lighter springs will engage sooner and stiffer springs the opposite but is there more to it than that?
We'll above you have 3-4 un-seasond guys saying exactly the opposite lol. Personally I would not believe everything that you hear especially if the "seasoned" have never used the product. Either way though the beauty of the industry now is that there are a vast selection or very attractively priced engines available for everyone to try out So try things your self and make up your own mind!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Having never personally owned a Werks, but driving others' and tuning them, there is nothing wrong with them at all. They are good mills.

The issue is more likely regional... Every local area/scene/group of racers has things they hate and things they like. Most of it is just word of mouth.

Joe breaks/doesn't like XY, so he tells Steve get YZ instead. Steve likes YZ, so he tells Bill get YZ. Steve and Bill like YZ but have no prior knowledge of XY other than Joe explaining his distaste, so that is what they [ignorantly] push.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I love my werks b6,mine has ceramic bearings and green slimed orings and it runs perfect all the time and sounds great with my werks 2013 pipeI get great smooth power with great top end and awesome runtime.Most reliable and smoothest motor i have used.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

There is no best when it comes to smooth linear power.

There is just some that are better than others and everyone has there own experiences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.