confused so many .21 engines

Old 03-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

This is an extremely biased response. I know your trying to push products, all good salesman do. Bit just throw a .28 in there and call it a day

Originally Posted by Maximo
well the more expensive engines are faster, and when bashing usually the faster the engine, the more fun it is to run...I mean bashers can run good gear too...... Heck when i go bashing I usually run my most powerful engines just for the fun factor !
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
This is an extremely biased response. I know your trying to push products, all good salesman do. Bit just throw a .28 in there and call it a day
there are 28's, then there are 28's........this is no sales pitch or hype, this is straight up what I believe.... Yes you can throw a cheap 28 in a machine and have lots of power.....But at the same time you can throw in a modified 28 ( say like my Clocked 28-7) and have a entirely different world of power....... As I say there are 28's, then there are 28's ! pretty big difference there is !
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I love this guy. Neal I know your really unlocking some unreal gems up there.
sounds like this guy has made up his mind
Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
thanks for the info guys... am thinkin stock b6 pro. want to get use to buggy before i go nuts on a clocked engine. am coming from 1/10 scale with a .12 so i'm sure a stock b6 will be more than enough. which pipes are good for this engine? was looking for ofna jp-3 but out of stock everwhere i've looked...
The combo I showed you for sale is the way to go. He has the B6 Pro and the Werks 2058 pipe, both brand new in the box for $325 shipped. You won't beat that anywhere. Use the Werks pipes on the Werks, they do work better, (for these engines), than other pipes.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

which pipes are good for this engine? was looking for ofna jp-3 but out of stock everwhere i've looked...
For a b6, any werks pipe or one of similar efra#...2013,2057,2058.

What Tony is pushing is a really incredible deal for a b6 pro with pipe included.
b6 pro's are normally ~300 just by themselves.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Locum51
For a b6, any werks pipe or one of similar efra#...2013,2057,2058.

What Tony is pushing is a really incredible deal for a b6 pro with pipe included.
b6 pro's are normally ~300 just by themselves.
It is a good deal, and a good guy selling it. He is getting out of the hobby for a while. I would buy it myself, but I am engine poor right now.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Sheesh now im confused

Pick an engine and learn it , if you arent happy with it dont buy that brand/design again
Old 03-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Corley
It is a good deal, and a good guy selling it. He is getting out of the hobby for a while. I would buy it myself, but I am engine poor right now.
Originally Posted by houston
Sheesh now im confused

Pick an engine and learn it , if you arent happy with it dont buy that brand/design again
@Tony, same with me.

@Houston, schultz picked an engine and his post blended into everyone else's.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

If you dont plan on racing, something with good runtime is probably going to provide the most fun in the long run (all the engines will provide more than enough power).

I'm running a B6 right now with a Sirio 2013 and it has plenty of power and good runtime too. The Sirio pipe is a bit cheaper than the Werks and if there is a difference between the too, it would be tough to tell. Both of those new would come in well under your budget.

I've run some engines that were twice as much and some there were considerably cheaper and I've had decent results with all of them over the years. Cheaper units usually make great power but suck down the fuel. Quality engines usually give you both.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recently bought a rc8.2 and am in need of an engine. Am willing to spend 400 with pipe. Was thinking about a reedy 121vr. can't find any good or bad talk about this engine. nova and werks also look good. I don't race, just a past time. i like to tinker, but don't want tuning nightmares neither. any suggestions?
There are a lot of good engines out there these days, Dont feel like you have to spend Big $$ to get a good fast engine.

Engines are all different and people have there own opinons on what they like best. Its all going to boil down to personal preference

I would give the Alphas a Look as well. But Nova and Werks are great as well.
Only thing I can say if you ever need parts the ALpha parts are a lot less expensive.