Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
NEW STEEL VARIABLE WIEGHT QUICK CHANG FLYWHEEL FROM M2C RACING >

NEW STEEL VARIABLE WIEGHT QUICK CHANG FLYWHEEL FROM M2C RACING

NEW STEEL VARIABLE WIEGHT QUICK CHANG FLYWHEEL FROM M2C RACING

Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
Out of curiousity would the werks (4) shoe fit your flywheels?
For starters the pin size is bigger on the m2c and they are replaceable when they wear out
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Recieved my 2 clutches yesterday! When fitting one of them up onto an OS Speed 19 I couldn't get the clutch nut done up. It just keeps spinning the crank over. It appears that the flywheel collet bottoms it self out before it goes small enough to grasp onto the crank correctly. I ended up using the collet from my other Aluminium Flywheel M2C clutch which worked ok.

I haven't put the second clutch onto an engine yet but will do so this weekend
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stricko
Recieved my 2 clutches yesterday! When fitting one of them up onto an OS Speed 19 I couldn't get the clutch nut done up. It just keeps spinning the crank over. It appears that the flywheel collet bottoms it self out before it goes small enough to grasp onto the crank correctly. I ended up using the collet from my other Aluminium Flywheel M2C clutch which worked ok.

The stock mugen flywheel works also... Also I use one shim behind collet when using m2c collet
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just want to throw my opinion on m2c's products, and mitch as well, both are industry leaders, mitch puts alot of time and r&d into his products to insure they are spot on with zero end user issues, and this system here i have to get in touch with you, when i get my hands on the new xb9 i will be giving you a call, hope all is well mitch, long time no talk....hell im gonna call you tomorrow!!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Just want to throw my opinion on m2c's products, and mitch as well, both are industry leaders, mitch puts alot of time and r&d into his products to insure they are spot on with zero end user issues, and this system here i have to get in touch with you, when i get my hands on the new xb9 i will be giving you a call, hope all is well mitch, long time no talk....hell im gonna call you tomorrow!!
I'm still wondering when there gonna hit stormer or amain any date's yet.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imrob
I'm still wondering when there gonna hit stormer or amain any date's yet.
They are available on M2C's site right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default steel flywheel

Originally Posted by Tony Corley
They are available on M2C's site right now.
I always release them to the public first for a few weeks to make sure everything is ok before I release them to the dealers.
My testers say everything is fine, but I still like to make sure before I give my
dealers extra head aches. like the os 19 that the guy seems to have a problem with. didn't check that motor, as I don't have one.
but the fit the other os models just fine.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default nut problem

Is there locktight on the threads of the motor?
If you don't clean it off each time, it will do what you are discribing.
Get back to me on this as I didn't check this .19 motors.
[email protected]
Old 02-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by m2cracing
I always release them to the public first for a few weeks to make sure everything is ok before I release them to the dealers.
My testers say everything is fine, but I still like to make sure before I give my
dealers extra head aches. like the os 19 that the guy seems to have a problem with. didn't check that motor, as I don't have one.
but the fit the other os models just fine.
ok so i should wait just a little longer then.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imrob
ok so i should wait just a little longer then.
order from m2c direct, they are perfect IMHO. ive been running 2 for about a case of fuel or more, not one issue. best thing sense sliced bread
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by m2cracing
Is there locktight on the threads of the motor?
If you don't clean it off each time, it will do what you are discribing.
Get back to me on this as I didn't check this .19 motors.
[email protected]
No loctite on the crank. It seems that the cut out of the flywheel collet isn't machined out enough, so when the collet closes up on the crank it can never get tight enough on the crank to stop it slipping. I've used the collet from my old aluminium flywheel which is working fine so I'm sure it is the collet.

The second steel flywheel I got, the collet has been fine so hopefully it is just a one off.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I have tried the flywheel collet that I was having an issue with on a .21 XZB Speed and have had the same problem.

I ended up dremeling out the slot in the collet a little larger so that the collet doesn't bottom itself out before tightening up on the crank so now all is ok.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have the aluminum version of this flywheel on my Losi 2.0 truggy and am still struggling getting a Losi clutch bell to fit correctly with it. I know you can use the Ofna and/or ascendancy style clutch bells pretty easily with this flywheel, but does anyone have a trick they can share to help make the Losi bells work on these? I have a huge supply of Losi clutch bells, so I figured I'd check with everyone before buying one of these for my losi buggy - which I'd really like to do, but would hate to have to buy a bunch of new clutch bells again.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

No loctite on the crank. It seems that the cut out of the flywheel collet isn't machined out enough, so when the collet closes up on the crank it can never get tight enough on the crank to stop it slipping. I've used the collet from my old aluminium flywheel which is working fine so I'm sure it is the collet.

The second steel flywheel I got, the collet has been fine so hopefully it is just a one off.
The quick release Kyosho version M2C steel flywheel collet is a perfect fit on my OS Speed xzb .21. Just installed it yesterday. Flywheel seems to be nice and tight.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default collet problem

Originally Posted by Afun
The quick release Kyosho version M2C steel flywheel collet is a perfect fit on my OS Speed xzb .21. Just installed it yesterday. Flywheel seems to be nice and tight.
m2c racing here.
get in touch with me at [email protected] and I will send you a new collet
mitch