Wiki Posts
Search

Large issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry Large issues!!

I have a large issue that i cant seem to figure out. I have a losi 454 enginein my car with a vp pro clutch. When i was trying to break the motor in, i turned and the motor was stuck open. It striped to spur and the fail safe and brackes didnt do anything either. I was going to put a metal spur in, but i got to thinking that if the engine does that again, the car is just gonna take off and probably break a lot of things.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Rom
Tech Rookie

Is it just me or it is really impossible to understand what are you talking about?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ele_to_nitro
I have a large issue that i cant seem to figure out. I have a losi 454 enginein my car with a vp pro clutch. When i was trying to break the motor in, i turned and the motor was stuck open. It striped to spur and the fail safe and brackes didnt do anything either. I was going to put a metal spur in, but i got to thinking that if the engine does that again, the car is just gonna take off and probably break a lot of things.
Keep your Receiver batteries charged and you won't have this problem.. BTW A steel spur is a good idea IMO..
Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rom
Is it just me or it is really impossible to understand what are you talking about?
Ya know, when people post their issues on here they obviously are looking for help. Chances are they are frustrated and ready to give up on the hobby. We all have spent a good deal of money on our cars, no matter what level you are on. The purpose of this forum is to offer tips, suggestions, or advice. If you have no advice or cant understand the issue, then dont post! Comments like that are like adding salt to a wound and are a good way to run people away from the hobby.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rom
Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
Ya know, when people post their issues on here they obviously are looking for help. Chances are they are frustrated and ready to give up on the hobby. We all have spent a good deal of money on our cars, no matter what level you are on. The purpose of this forum is to offer tips, suggestions, or advice. If you have no advice or cant understand the issue, then dont post! Comments like that are like adding salt to a wound and are a good way to run people away from the hobby.
good point...

however, the op is very hard to read. I was trying to figure it out myself and chuckled when I saw the response above
Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
Keep your Receiver batteries charged and you won't have this problem.. BTW A steel spur is a good idea IMO..
sounds like the problem to me also, just a dead rx pack.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

The battery was fully charged... The first time it did it, the motor came loss right before i was going to bring it in, and fhe second was right when i got it running... And its a losi ten-t with the stock spur gear... I was just hoping that it wasnt something in the engine because its brand new...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The battery was fully charged... The first time it did it, the motor came loss right before i was going to bring it in, and fhe second was right when i got it running... And its a losi ten-t with the stock spur gear... I was just hoping that it wasnt something in the engine because its brand new...
I take it its not a 2.4ghz radio?

If it takes off again just stick your finger over the exhaust or air intake to shut it off
Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Its all new stuff, except the servos and the exaust, and yes it is a 2.4 radio, it had a full charge.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its all new stuff, except the servos and the exaust, and yes it is a 2.4 radio, it had a full charge.
You might want to look at the servos and all connections on the wiring.Runaways are never any fun when its your own.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

interesting , wonder if the servo is bad , 2.4 doesnt usually glitch

you might have a severe angle on your carb linkage causing some binding

less expensive engine models dont coat their slide barrels with anything and they get sticky very easy even when everything is perfect when it comes to the linkage
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

The really annoying thing is, the engine is straight out of a brand new 8t 2.0... The servos are out of a traxxas nitro rustler that i never had an issue with.. The most annoying part is, for how much i put into this ten-t i could have gotten an rtr 8ight 2.0...
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With the engine off and car sitting with power to the servos does the carb open and close all the way?

Now make sure the servo horns are not moving or stripped. It may sound simple but stop and check the basics. Linkages freely moving and set, etc.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by willbe
With the engine off and car sitting with power to the servos does the carb open and close all the way?

Now make sure the servo horns are not moving or stripped. It may sound simple but stop and check the basics. Linkages freely moving and set, etc.
The carb opens and closes all the way with no issue, nothing is spinning or stripped either. The linkage is all straight, nothing seems to be binding, i just tore the engine down and cleaned the carb with carb cleaner, nothing seems to be wrong, the clutch isnt bad either, the brackes are all good,
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

where in wi do you live? anywhere close to madison or columbus? let me know and i can either help you out or find someone in you area to give you a hand.. i am from wi.. send me a pm if that would be easier. jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.