Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best .21 for the $$$!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

D.amn.. Was just shopping around here in some German online shops, and the Novarossi P5XLT is really cheap - much cheaper than I would have expected..

I hesitate to ask, because I can't stand all the prejudice and fanboyism that comes from Nova and OS fans, but it would kind of interest me, if such a thing is even in the realm of possibility, to know how the P5XLT would match up to the Argus in power. I don't care at all about materials or carbs or where it's made. Just power and performance(don't care about run-time either btw..), hopefully from somebody objective who has run both stock, or at least observed friends or whatever at the track..

Here in Germany the P5XLT and Argus cost exactly the same..(new - I got my Argus on auction for significantly less..)- both about €155-165 shipped.

Still think, here on the German market anyway, the RB Fire 11 combo with 2087 for €230 shipped is about as good a value as it gets.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been running some of the Go motors and they are awesome! I haven't had a chance to try the new GXII series but the GX5R and the older Silver head motors I have just rip. If you contact Moto @ www.nitro-north.com I am sure he will give you a good deal on one. This is where I bought my GX5R from.

Otherwise people are always bragging about the V-spec and Ninja motors which I know are pricey but if you look at the new Arrow http://www.vp-pro-usa.com/engines.ht...category_id=85 they come right out and say they are modeled after the V-spec and even recommend the OS pipe. If you look around this motor is getting some good reviews as well.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

So I think I'm going to try that dynamite .21 or this motor. I like the specs of it and the price..
http://www.nitro-north.com/tecnopower-212101.html
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
D.amn.. Was just shopping around here in some German online shops, and the Novarossi P5XLT is really cheap - much cheaper than I would have expected..

I hesitate to ask, because I can't stand all the prejudice and fanboyism that comes from Nova and OS fans, but it would kind of interest me, if such a thing is even in the realm of possibility, to know how the P5XLT would match up to the Argus in power. I don't care at all about materials or carbs or where it's made. Just power and performance(don't care about run-time either btw..), hopefully from somebody objective who has run both stock, or at least observed friends or whatever at the track..

Here in Germany the P5XLT and Argus cost exactly the same..(new - I got my Argus on auction for significantly less..)- both about €155-165 shipped.

Still think, here on the German market anyway, the RB Fire 11 combo with 2087 for €230 shipped is about as good a value as it gets.
Your post goes one way then the other way performance has a lot to do with a Carb and matarials one minute you don't like modded engines next you want to try one
Old 11-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Best engines for the money hands down would be the basic Novarossi +4 or the P5. You cant put a price tag on having the best carburetor on the planet attached to your engine! Couple that with the best front engine bearing ever made and you have an easy to tune, long lasting powerhouse for under $300 in your choice of either. I will say there are lots of great "engines" in the $200 price range, but unfortunately most of them come with useless carbs.....just something to think about......
Originally Posted by fireman rich
Novirossi +4 Hands down a solid motor that will not disappoint! Buy it, race, win!!!!
Originally Posted by aussies1129
the standard novarossi plus 4 I use it in my truggy, while at the end of the day it dosent have the balls of my toro but it still has plenty of power and reliability and it blows the toro away with run time thats where I win most of my truggy races when most guys are pitting more than me, most of the time I get 13+ mins in my mbx6t
cheers
I agree the nova's are by far best value right now. The nitrotec r21 and nova p5xlt are probably the best bang for the buck.

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
So I think I'm going to try that dynamite .21 or this motor. I like the specs of it and the price..
http://www.nitro-north.com/tecnopower-212101.html
Don't get either... Heads up tecnopower went under and the motors only looked cool.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

.21 dynamite mach 2,they run great and tuned right they run with everyone else. They are very realiable ive never flammed out so far.(3 gallons in)
Old 11-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Your post goes one way then the other way performance has a lot to do with a Carb and matarials one minute you don't like modded engines next you want to try one
Maybe "power" would be a better word. Nova fanboys are always talking about "materials" and carbs, neither of which makes a difference for power afaic. And I feel confident an Argus for ex. will last eight gallons of reasonably trouble-free running, while making good power. A good fancy carb might be marginally better for racing, for those who are überserious about run-time, etc.. But an Argus or Alpha will do just swimmingly for most people(they get excellent run-time too btw.. All the Alphas do..) It's almost amusing sometimes to observe the blatant racism involved in engine preference.. "It's Italian. It must be good..(they're white - or at least kind of.." "It's from Taiwan, it must be garbage..(not white)".. And seriously, that is to a large extent what it boils down to IMO.

And as for modded engines, I think the whole world of modded engines is thoroughly retarded with all the trash-talking that goes with it. Here in Germany there's one main modder, who apparently does good work. But having spent so (too..) much time in American forums, you start to wonder if something is wrong with him or his engines are crap(by all accounts he does very good work - First Racing his biz is called..), because he's not flooding the forums with trash-talking and trying to ram his engines and preferences down everybody's throat.., and he doesn't have his fanboys doing the same. I believe a modded engine can be cool, but the baggage that goes with them, not to mention the higher price, is to me anyway very, very offputting.. I got this Nosram 21.RR(=Jammin JPX.21) for an unusually low price, so I am considering having it modded, but so far the German dude said it would be €80-90, and I'm not convined yet I want to pay that for some tweaking to an already very powerful engine.. Also, I don't race very seriously.. I just want all-out power.. That's the only reason I would consider getting it modded..

Fair enough, to the OP and others, if I lived in the States I might try a modded engine, as the prices seem to have gone down a lot(including for stock engines like the Argus and P5XLT, etc..) $225 for a modded Argus or whatever would be interesting for ex.. - only $40 more than stock. But still, for somebody newish to RC and hesitant to spend loads on an engine he might not even be sure he can tune and run right, stock is fine to get started.. Though honestly, it's hard to know what to believe sometimes. If for ex a modded engine REALLY makes break-in a lot easier on some of these high-pinch Taiwanese engines for ex., without reducing life-span, that in itself could be worth a few extra bucks.. But yeah, if that's really, truly the case I don't know.

In any event, there are probably 20 engines out there for $230 or less that could vie for best-value.. There are just so many good - stock - engines available..

Last edited by Herrsavage; 11-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a rb s5 I'll sell ya for 330$ shipped. It's nib
Old 11-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Alpha A852. I have just run a 2 day event with one in an RC8T and am very happy with it. It only had 3.5 litres prior to the event so it was still running rich. Heaps of power everywhere, for $220 it offers alot of bang for buck
Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Nova P5....
Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flip it
Alpha A852. I have just run a 2 day event with one in an RC8T and am very happy with it. It only had 3.5 litres prior to the event so it was still running rich. Heaps of power everywhere, for $220 it offers alot of bang for buck
a852 is my favorite right now.I had sirios,werks,nova,os,rb,orions.The a852 is a great engine fo the price and easy to tune.Never thought my favorite engine would be made in tawain
Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

to answer the original poster..

P5....
Old 11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just recently baught the Go GXII for $200au, the guy that recommended it thought it was the best bang for your buck motor out. I also have a nova 4btt, the nova is definately easier to tune but power wise the Go is still up there with the nova. I will mainly be using the Go for practice and bashing.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Novarossi!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys!!

I would like your guys honest opinion on this engine. It seems like a real good deal and looks like a bad a$$ engine.

What do you think??
http://www.ocrpitshop.com.au/index.p...&productId=686

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.