Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Thunder Innovation 12v Engine Pre Heater >

Thunder Innovation 12v Engine Pre Heater

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Innovation 12v Engine Pre Heater

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Seems to be a good price on those airfilters....now all they need is shock boots at a good price...dang things are way over priced
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

speechless how can people support a company like this....
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The heater looks good, for being a "knock off". Hell, it might
even be better. The main problem with both of them is the
price. Both heaters are selling for more than twice the price
then they should be selling them for. Screw both of them, I'll
make my own. I may even offer them up to members of this
site at cost +shipping. No need to rip-off the rc community,
just because you think you've cornered the market on something.
Thunder Innovations should slash there heater prices from the
get go. That would bring the Competition back to there senses.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How can anyone on this thread defend this Chinese company blatantly copying an American made product?

And shame on Gene and his company for selling a second rate product for the same price as the original! Why not just sell the Comp Heater Gene?

What kind of service do you think your going to get from this company when there heater craps out on you?

I sure hope Comp Heat owns the patent on this. And by the way, quit bitching about the price. Can't a guy make a profit anymore without people complaining?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rageworks
The main problem with both of them is the
price. Both heaters are selling for more than twice the price
then they should be selling them for. Screw both of them, I'll
make my own. I may even offer them up to members of this
site at cost +shipping. No need to rip-off the rc community,
just because you think you've cornered the market on something.
Thunder Innovations should slash there heater prices from the
get go. That would bring the Competition back to there senses.
Completely agree with you in every way.

Originally Posted by hookem34
How can anyone on this thread defend this Chinese company blatantly copying an American made product?
Is Competition Heat really made in America?

I sure hope Comp Heat owns the patent on this.
U.S. Patent Office is backed up a couple years as it is. I think Competition Heat should be more concerned about the factory their product is coming from than anything... and how Thunder Innovation is making clones. But that's the free-for-all in Asialand right now and risk you take as a business sourcing production to them.

Originally Posted by blktransam
speechless how can people support a company like this....
I don't know... how many people, including yourself, have placed HobbyKing orders?

The USPTO is such a joke right now, it might as well become obsolete. Not to mention economic consequences. Remember Ben Franklin? Never patented his ideas and innovations, as they were "for the people"? If someone copies your idea, feel flattered. If your product truly is better than their imitation, then the product should speak for itself. If it's not, then it'll show. Alas, this isn't the place for such debate, so I'll stop.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

I sure hope Comp Heat owns the patent on this. And by the way, quit bitching about the price. Can't a guy make a profit anymore without people complaining?
I sure hope the Occupy Wall Street people don't get involved.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Knockoffs are supposed to cost a lot less at least.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Who cares if it costs the same?

They're all overpriced. Checked this thread out hoping maybe somebody was finally selling a sensibly-priced pre-heater. Guess not.

These things should cost 50 bucks max.

I've checked out the two main brands, had them in my hands, and it's not only the money, it's the principle of dropping a 100 bucks on something that should blatantly cost a lot less.

Eventually somebody will come along and sell a decent pre-heater for 50-60 bucks, and own the market. And nobody will care who copied what. They'll just buy them because they'll be more within the realm of reason price-wise.

Look at how saturated the RC market is in practically every other area - buggy brands, engines(rampant rebranding there), etc etc.. With pre-heaters there's a void waiting to be filled.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

For some to say they invented a item from the beginning to ending using new technology deserves a patent hardly believe these heaters are ground breaking. Someone else concept packaged better doesn't mean it deserves a patent. Most product are either produced or using materials from asia therefore its not US made therefore it will be copied. These heater are priced well over its cost if this heater came in lower then it would set a market tone it gives competition it comes down to quality and performance and service that good for consumers.

Look at all the kits your driving something that was copied within the last two years some many more options its sparks competition quality, durability and pricing is getting better daily. I can understand some getting mad but its only time maybe someone will make one for half the cost and better then you have a bigger problem. I can understand someone getting mad since similarity are identical but its only time monopolies are far and few its only time.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Wow. I don't think Eric would mind competition in the market, but a blatant copy is kind of lame? Eric I would take it as a compliment though....someone liked your design so much they decided to copy it.

I won't support them in any way. Clones are never as good as the original. Pathetic...
Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I think Comp Heat should drop the prices so nobody will buy heaters from these non spelling jack wagons.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Are the Comp heats made in the USA??

As far as the price Comp Heat should charge whatever they feel is right.. Does 100 bux seem like alot?? but how much TIME and MONEY did they spend on creating this product. I can almost bet that the owner probably mankes 20 bucks a unit which is not all that much in the grand scheme of things hell lets say even 40... So if he sell a whoping 200 units he stands to make a whole $8,000 dollars. That seems like nothing for 4 years of time and money.

You guys should be more upset with Losi, AE, Mugen, ETC that get the Kits here for $50 per unit and mark them up %650 to the hobby stores, which lets the hobby stores only make %10

Last edited by KThatcher; 10-18-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
Are the Comp heats made in the USA??

As far as the price Comp Heat should charge whatever they feel is right.. Does 100 bux seem like alot?? but how much TIME and MONEY did they spend on creating this product. I can almost bet that the owner probably mankes 20 bucks a unit which is not all that much in the grand scheme of things hell lets say even 40... So if he sell a whoping 200 units he stands to make a whole $8,000 dollars. That seems like nothing for 4 years of time and money.

You guys should be more upset with Losi, AE, Mugen, ETC that get the Kits here for $50 per unit and mark them up %650 to the hobby stores, which lets the hobby stores only make %10
U guys are killing me

Eric assembles his own products from parts that come from usa suppliers and european suppliers , this is amazing how exact the thunder unit is , like you guys are saying I am

sure these heaters cost much less to produce than the competiton heat heater and should be much less .
fwiw , Eric doesnt make all that much

Kthatcher , kudos bro

Asian manufacturers have no cooth , been that way for years although there are a few who are trying hard to

Sweepracing
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Haha

I wonder where my hairdryer was made? It was purchesed about 15 years ago and still going strong....works pretty good on new engines too....
Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

You want cheap?

http://www.scs-m2.de/produkte/differ...cken/index.php

They do cost 17.50 directly from the maker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.