Wiki Posts
Search

S & W fuel questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Questions?? S & W fuel questions

I was given 3 gallons of this fuel from a friend of mine. He's sponsored and hooked me up. I am in the process of breaking in two Brand new Novarossi engines.

Team Associated RC8T-CE with this set-up:
Novarossi BONITO.21-7XLB 7 Port .21 Off Road Engine w/Ceramic Rear Bearing (Turbo) [NVRBONITO21-7XLB]; Novarossi "Super Strong" EFRA 9853 One Piece Tuned Pipe [NVR51017]; Novarossi 41020 Long Smooth Flow Off Road Manifold [NVR41020]

&

Team Associated RC8.2 with this set-up:

Novarossi PLUS.21-4BTT TUNED 4 Port .21 Off Road Engine (Turbo)[NVRPLUS21-4BTT-TUNED]; Novarossi "Super Strong" EFRA 9901 One Piece Tuned Pipe [NVR51016]; Novarossi 41020 Long Smooth Flow Off Road Manifold
[NVR41020]

Just wanted to lay that on the table. Anyway, I was told by him that it IS NOT, good to break in engines with this fuel. I wanted to ask all you PRO's out there. Help me out here

PS: I am doing the Heat Cycle break in method. I am using a Competition Heat engine heater. I want to get these engines broke-in right. I am not in a hurry, I just want to do it right this time.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

correct.. do not use that fuel for break in.. use the "car" fuel which is red in color for motor break-in.. if you dont have any just go to the local hobby store and pick up any brand to break the motor in on or order some from the s&w website.. the oils in the fuel are very "slick" and will not get the pinch out of the engine causing strain on the rod for a longer period of time...
Old 10-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

What can I look forward to in S&W fuel? Ups/Downs?
Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Jeremy,
Even with the Alphas? I kinda wish I had heard/known this earlier. However, I recently did break in an AP .23, six tanks on the box with a heater on it the whole time and temps, per my O'Donnel gun, were 'tween 260-275. Then on the track. I've run two races so far and it seems to be running fine.

ABN, I've run the fuel all summer and it has been solid, very consistent from gal to gal. I can push and even break 10 minutes, yes with a .23! . I honestly havn't felt any negatives.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
What can I look forward to in S&W fuel? Ups/Downs?
What you can look forward to is all around quality! As far as runtimes go I get between 11:45 and 14:48 on my Clocked O.S. 25xz.. The hottest my engine has ever run with this fuel has been 268 degrees, and that was on a 100 degree day during a 30min a-main...Great lubricity, superior protection, and clean buring, I wont use anything else!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

I am breaking in the Bonito with Sidewinder Strike Team 30%. I have about a half gallon through it. I will run the rest through it and then I will crack open the S&W fuel I guess. Yes?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Jeremy,
Even with the Alphas? I kinda wish I had heard/known this earlier. However, I recently did break in an AP .23, six tanks on the box with a heater on it the whole time and temps, per my O'Donnel gun, were 'tween 260-275. Then on the track. I've run two races so far and it seems to be running fine.

ABN, I've run the fuel all summer and it has been solid, very consistent from gal to gal. I can push and even break 10 minutes, yes with a .23! . I honestly havn't felt any negatives.
yes even with the alpha's i use different fuel for break in.. i did not make the fuel i just follow the directions i have been given..