Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Os .21 tm issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Os .21 tm issues

I just got a OS .21tm and its giving me a hard time. I sealed the engine before it went in the truck and there are no air leaks. I tune it for performance and when I bring it in to check the temp it's around 260-270 and I feel like I'm still on the rich side of the tune.There is a nice trail of blue smoke when it's at 260-270. If I richen it at all there is no performance and a ton of blue smoke. This engine only has about 12 tanks of fuel through it. Running odonnels 20% and lc4 plug THS hard coated pipe. I have started from factory needle setting multiple times yields no results. Broke this engine in Ron Paris method. so far i'm happy with the power this engine is able to produce but this heat issue is really bothering me is it ok to run this engine this hot or am i doing something wrong.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is your temp gun accurate? Check it with another. Normally I say don't worry if it has good smoke but 270 is starting to get high.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I would be willing to bet you have a lean HSN and a rich LSN