Need a new 21 engine

Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

if under 200, I would strongly suggest a Nvision from Amain. Yes, it seems cheap but actually these are 200+ motors thats been discounted dramatically. LM (same as Werks) quality and reliabitlity. With the included needle and head button, its really reliable. Alot of power but smooth, drivable power. Don't let the price fool you, these are quality engines that usually cost more elsewhere but marked down as specials only at Amain. Definatley get your money worth with these. Bunch of us here are catching on and picking these up while on special. Others mentioned above are also excellent choices though my pick is the Nvision for cost/performance/quality.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Based on your budget I would roll with the Werks B2:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Buggy-Engine

There are experienced racers around that run this motor and it makes a good deal of power! A really good engine for the money. You will need a starter box though. However, it would be perfect for your vehicle
Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Neesh
if under 200, I would strongly suggest a Nvision from Amain. Yes, it seems cheap but actually these are 200+ motors thats been discounted dramatically. LM (same as Werks) quality and reliabitlity. With the included needle and head button, its really reliable. Alot of power but smooth, drivable power. Don't let the price fool you, these are quality engines that usually cost more elsewhere but marked down as specials only at Amain. Definatley get your money worth with these. Bunch of us here are catching on and picking these up while on special. Others mentioned above are also excellent choices though my pick is the Nvision for cost/performance/quality.

So is that "Race" Nvision 521 at amain for $159 a close relative of a Werks B5? Well OK, let me ask that (I suppose) more diplomatically... - how would it compare to a B5, if it's also a LM 5-port?..
Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So is that "Race" Nvision 521 at amain for $159 a close relative of a Werks B5? Well OK, let me ask that (I suppose) more diplomatically... - how would it compare to a B5, if it's also a LM 5-port?..
Its more comparable to a B6. Not gonna get as much bottom out of it like a B5 but pretty much matches a B6 all around.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Well i need to add my 5c and ill probably get shut down, but i have recently just purchased a habao .21 8 port, not even that race edition, and this thing is a weapon! my first motor wasnt exactly run in properly, so it never performed well. but this thing i spent a whole day runnning in, and my god! once tuned ( all it took was half a turn on low n high end needle) and this thing is a dead set weapon!
I was seriously worried about running a motor in myself to be honest (only been into nitro rcs for a year or so) but it was so simple, got a nice stream of smoke without spitting fuel, absolutly stocked with it! and only $180 =)

I probably wouldnt go into big events with it, but id be happy to go and have a go with it in club events, the speed is just amazing!

But once again, probably not a suggestion by anyone on here.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you guys for answers, I appreciate it.

So.. but Neesh, which nVision motor are you thinking about? The nVision NVB521R Race 5-Port Competition .21 for $159 or nVision NVB521 for $109?
$109 for a engine is very cheap and as you are saying, I can't think that I'm getting a good engine for that price! :P And the design on those, it look pretty small?

Okay, I'm thinking about the Werks B2 engine.. it looks pretty nice.

Is Hobao better then the mentioned above? nVision and Werks?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Simen

So.. but Neesh, which nVision motor are you thinking about? The nVision NVB521R Race 5-Port Competition .21 for $159 or nVision NVB521 for $109?
$109 for a engine is very cheap and as you are saying, I can't think that I'm getting a good engine for that price! :P And the design on those, it look pretty small?

go with the 521R....Its what I use in my mp9.... smooth, powerful bottom end and screaming top. I used to use a Hara XZ speed and took it out just to try the 521R. Ended up staying in there becoz I love it so much. Believe me, you're getting a great engine for that price.
Dont get me wrong though, the B2 is a good motor too and have been getting nothing but good reviews. Either one you go with, you will be happy.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cant go wrong with a standard b6 with a 2058 pipe best combo out there for the money will run with any thing out there and is easy to break in and tune.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simen

i will tell ya right now those invision engines are a SMOKING deal , they are a top notch engine that were basically just discontinued and leftover stock was bought up (afaik )

they are great performers and a price that NO ONE can match , i am not getting paid by anyone to say any of this and i have an engine line of my own so what does that tell ya

i personally ran in and tuned one this past weekend , impressed i was

driver still ended up putting in his X3 FM edition but he was happy with both
Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your always thinking because a certain model of our engines is made at LM brand xzy that is also made at LM must be the same lol. In regards to your (diplomatic ;-) question about "how would the 521 compare to our B5 because it's also an LM 5-port" the answer to that is our B5 is actually a 7 port so....
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

I agree about the NVB521R Nvision engine. Just picked one up and it was simple to tune, easy to break in, and screams..
Old 02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Werks
Your always thinking because a certain model of our engines is made at LM brand xzy that is also made at LM must be the same lol. In regards to your (diplomatic ;-) question about "how would the 521 compare to our B5 because it's also an LM 5-port" the answer to that is our B5 is actually a 7 port so....

There is so much rebranding/rebadging in RC it's crazy. And I'm not saying the engines are identical. I was asking.. But it is hard to believe sometimes that two things made in the same factory with such similar specs are going to be all that dramatically different. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I find it just a little hard to believe for ex. that a Werks plug and an Orion plug are all that night-and-day different. Both engines btw are listed at amain as "5+2 ports".

But look - I don't care. I'm playing with toy cars. I have no loyalty to any of you, however much people like you think you deserve it. I'll buy what I think is good value, period. And I happen to think Werks engines ARE good value, so I would buy one. That doesn't mean though that I'll automatically abandon all skepticism that another 5+2 port made in the same factory is all that different from a B5.. If it is, OK. But it's a completely legitimate question given how much rebranding/rebadging goes on in the hobby.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is so much rebranding/rebadging in RC it's crazy. And I'm not saying the engines are identical. I was asking.. But it is hard to believe sometimes that two things made in the same factory with such similar specs are going to be all that dramatically different. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I find it just a little hard to believe for ex. that a Werks plug and an Orion plug are all that night-and-day different. Both engines btw are listed at amain as "5+2 ports".

But look - I don't care. I'm playing with toy cars. I have no loyalty to any of you, however much people like you think you deserve it. I'll buy what I think is good value, period. And I happen to think Werks engines ARE good value, so I would buy one. That doesn't mean though that I'll automatically abandon all skepticism that another 5+2 port made in the same factory is all that different from a B5.. If it is, OK. But it's a completely legitimate question given how much rebranding/rebadging goes on in the hobby.
Valid point. Let's just say that the day that I find out that another engine that comes from the factory where I have stuff made is identical to mine, it will more than likely be the day that I switch manufacturers. Are there other brands of engines made at LM, sure. However I think that it is important to remember that our relationship together is quite old. Actually we are LM's first (and longest lasting) OEM customer and we have been dealing with each other for 8 or so years. So quite a significant amount of time and when you work together for such a long amount of time a certain level of trust between parties is established.

Also in regards to the loyalty comment. I do not think that I "deserve" any loyalty from you or anyone else. I believe that as a manufacturer loyalty is something that is given when you treat people fairly, offer people reasonably priced products and support your customers the way that they should be. In other words "loyalty" is earned.

Your skepticism I can understand again though I just find it funny that with you it is always "oh Werks has a B2 which is a 3 port, I wonder if that is the same as the Orion 3 port". Orion has a new 5 port, I wonder how similar that is to the Werks B5, oh the B5 is a 5+2 well then it must be the same as the B6" etc. etc. and now the "how does the 521 compare to the B5 as it is also an LM 5 port". What you are failing to realize though is that there are no LM 5 ports. LM makes what we tell them to make and LM makes what Orion tells them to make for the Orion and nVision line. That is it... If you are really curious about how our engines run and you are in the US (so that shipping is not crazy), just PM me your address and I'll send you one of our engines for free to try out I'm always open to getting feedback from people on our products.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

If I lived in the US I'd probably already have a Werks..

But I'm in Germany, and they're not available here(bitch of a time finding a 2058 pipe at the moment..) I've had Werks engines in my shopping cart at Amain and Tower on several occasions, but then something else came up at the last second..

Come out with a .23 or a .25 and there would be less things to get in the way... I've got too many .21's at the moment as is, and not enough time to run them..
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WERKS B6 WITH THE 2058 PIPE ALL THE BOTTEM END IN THE WORLD WITH A SCREAMING TOP END THAT WILL LEAVE YOU WITH A HARD ON WITH OUT BRAKING THE BANK FOR UNDER 350 MOTOR AND PIPE AND ITS SWEET SPOT IS AROUND 200 DEGREES SWEET SHIT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.