Wiki Posts
Search

Odonnell 97T Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Odonnell 97T Plugs

Ive been running these plugs for over 2 yrs and never had a problem. The last card of 6 I bought Ive used 2 of them and they just crap out for no apparent reason. They will run for a tank or 2 and start to flame every time I punch it, then they will just work with ignitor on and the minute you take it off it will die. Any body else been having this problem with the Odonnells. I read awhile back there was a bad batch or somthing. Ive even put a older one in from a different batch and not a problem at all.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There were some complaints here about the same thing recently. So, you're not alone.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
Ive been running these plugs for over 2 yrs and never had a problem. The last card of 6 I bought Ive used 2 of them and they just crap out for no apparent reason. They will run for a tank or 2 and start to flame every time I punch it, then they will just work with ignitor on and the minute you take it off it will die. Any body else been having this problem with the Odonnells. I read awhile back there was a bad batch or somthing. Ive even put a older one in from a different batch and not a problem at all.
I thought I read somewhere they had a batch that were off in a measurement.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just had to replace a p/s in a friends Alpha green head engine
because of an OD97 glowplug. He hadn't finished the first tank
of fuel on the new plug, when the plugs coil dropped out and
tore the piston and cylinder up. I replaced the Alpha 5 port
sleeve with a GO 7 port sleeve. So, we now call it a "Gopha 7"
engine. I just finished breaking it in today. It turned out to be
a sweet little engine.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

i had ran these on and off for couple of years with no real issues....i mean i found that they didnt last as long as the os p3 or p4's but for the price i liked the 97t's.....just bought 40 of them here on tech and ran them in my speed motors and been having tuning issues.....put a new plug in ran a tank and then pulled it out and first 2 bottom coils werent burning and put another in and same thing........not sure what the deal is either but it has me wondering....
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i was wondering why tower was selling for a 1.00, glad i dint get any
Old 08-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by inferno13
i was wondering why tower was selling for a 1.00, glad i dint get any
Thats where I bought these from. But a buddy of mine has been having the same problems and he didnt buy them from tower.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bcarter007
i had ran these on and off for couple of years with no real issues....i mean i found that they didnt last as long as the os p3 or p4's but for the price i liked the 97t's.....just bought 40 of them here on tech and ran them in my speed motors and been having tuning issues.....put a new plug in ran a tank and then pulled it out and first 2 bottom coils werent burning and put another in and same thing........not sure what the deal is either but it has me wondering....
Thats what I noticed after it flamed I would check the plug and the 2 bottom coils werent lighting......
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

ya the old saying u get what ya pay for..welp i guess that applies to us
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

I just started breaking in an Argus with a 97T, and have had weird issues. Mostly the engine shutting down after I take the ignitor off. Might be just a rich tune, but it seems weird.. Anyway, need new plugs, so was thinking of getting some Go T3's and T4's.. Are these similar to the Odonnells?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

try a werks #6.....very durable, crisp running plug that lasts a very long time...Works good in Alpha's,Nova's,RB's,Picco,Werk's,Techno's etc....not uncommon for us to get 2 gallons from these plugs, and to date have never had a coil break.....
Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
try a werks #6.....very durable, crisp running plug that lasts a very long time...Works good in Alpha's,Nova's,RB's,Picco,Werk's,Techno's etc....not uncommon for us to get 2 gallons from these plugs, and to date have never had a coil break.....
I gotta agree, the Werks plugs are great. I've never ahd luck with OD plugs, they seem to be hit and miss ( like their fuel ) from my experience.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunately there are no Werks plugs in Europe that I know of, let alone Germany.. I need something local, and that means OS, Go, NR, or RB. Orion too. Which actually are probably pretty similar to Werks(if not identical).., both being Sirio-based.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I just started breaking in an Argus with a 97T, and have had weird issues. Mostly the engine shutting down after I take the ignitor off. Might be just a rich tune, but it seems weird.. Anyway, need new plugs, so was thinking of getting some Go T3's and T4's.. Are these similar to the Odonnells?
mine did the same ting when i took the glow ignitor off with 97t. switched to os p3 and motor runs flawless
Old 08-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Unfortunately there are no Werks plugs in Europe that I know of, let alone Germany.. I need something local, and that means OS, Go, NR, or RB. Orion too. Which actually are probably pretty similar to Werks(if not identical).., both being Sirio-based.
Werks importer for Holland with webshop:

http://www.jvd-rc.com/catalog/glow-plugs-47/

He will most likely ship to Germany.

The Orion plugs are excelent aswell and as you say most likely the same as the Werks plugs (-both LM)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.