Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Has there been any nitro fuel comparison test for wear or perf.? >

Has there been any nitro fuel comparison test for wear or perf.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has there been any nitro fuel comparison test for wear or perf.?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I have to ask a question. What kind of education backgrounds do most of those answering this thread have? I by no means am being a smart a$$. I only have a B.S. in computer science. I would just like to separate those answers which are internet engineers sales pitches for the product they sale or sponsor and those from people with an education in chemistry or fluid dynamics.
No degree in engineering or fluid dynamics, but like you I have a CompSci degree, an MBA and currently half way through Psych degree P/T. Doesn't make me any more intelligent or less intelligent than the next guy. Some of the smartest people I know only have a high school education. What I will say though is a tertiary eduction gives you the ability to pick up on things quickly and know where and how to do accurate research. Also anyone who has done statistics and discrete mathematics at university level would know how easily stats can be skewed one way or another to provide whatever result you want. Governments are masters at this practise.

We all need to respect everyone's opinion. Just because someone's experience differs from your own doesn't make you more right or less right. If you are bright enough you can see through the sales pitches.

Back on topic I've run only two brands of fuel so far. I prefer the brand that has a higher level of caster in it (or caster in it at all). After opening up my engines the inside tells me I'm right. This is just my experience.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maximo
Castor is superior protection compared to synthetic...it has a higher flash point and protects your engine much better under high loads and RPM then synthetic will....Werks Racing makes a killer fuel that runs strong, gets great mileage and protects your engine...
Wish Ron would hook up with a distributor here in Aus. Would love to try Werks fuel.

Last edited by John.; 08-20-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John.
Wish Ron would hook up with a distributor here in Aus. Would love to try Werks fuel.

It is amazing fuel....it is shame you dont have it over there....
Old 08-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62
I use Nitro X with 9% oil but a blend of three oils and my engines last longer than any other fuel I have used. As for the oils it is a closely guarded secret.
The fuel is great and tuning, performance and runtime is as good if not better than any fuel I have used.
The Nitro X fuel I use is HP173.
Totally agree. This fuel is great, leaves the engine super clean and provides engine longevity. I've been told that hp173 has a very refined degummed castor oil. This is the reason for little to no carbon buildup.