EB mods-" made in USA"

Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default EB mods-" made in USA"

Website is under construction with news of made in USA buggy and truggy engines coming soon.anybody know anything?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Website is under construction with news of made in USA buggy and truggy engines coming soon.anybody know anything?
Only that Ed has said there will be a Made in the USA engine coming this year..
Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Ive been told there will be usa made engines by the end of the year...and last i knew it was still up in the air if it was gonna be a 5 or 7 port but he was leaning towards the 7...
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Wow another engine > Extech, Go, and JS etc. The last production engine really caused a lot of issues for many. Ive had some many guys PM'ing me saying things about what happened and reasons for not buying.These are guys with good reputations with personal dealings.

Don't want to cause a fight is America live your dream but something isn't working not sure if its business practices.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ed and I have had our differences in the past, but you can't fault Ed for doing what he's doing. He's no millionaire or anything and he's trying to make it. He's had designs, of his own, for quite some time and dealing with a factory to make that engine over seas takes QC out of his hands. Engines are only as good as the materials they are made from.

Extech engines were good, but had their issues... Sirio based and now the Werks series, Orion, and NVision stuff has been worked out several years later. Not to mention Trinity/EPIC (Ernie Provetti) was in charge of everything and I know his track record with people. He's not the greatest person to do business with... IMO.

Go engines are on god knows what version now. Not the most popular, but decent engines after their generations of testing and remodeling.

The JS engines, while they were good engines, weren't reliable and wore out quick on people. Just simply sub standard materials and build quality.

I ran for Ed for a little while and he was always working hard and still is to make what he has work. Let him work things out and get this engine going before judgement is made. I think he's been through the war enough to know that this would be his last shot at it. I wish him luck and hope it goes well.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Wow another engine > Extech, Go, and JS etc. The last production engine really caused a lot of issues for many. Ive had some many guys PM'ing me saying things about what happened and reasons for not buying.These are guys with good reputations with personal dealings.

Don't want to cause a fight is America live your dream but something isn't working not sure if its business practices.
LOL,, ExTech engines were good, Trinity was not... and are no longer in business. I am still friends with Andrea Rossi formerly of Star Motor / Sirio.

GO engines agreement was with Race Factor, and was only a one year thing during which time I helped develop the JS Racing engine with Simon Yii of GO engines. Do you need anything else clarified for you Big Jay?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Jason, QC is what killed the JS
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wish you the best of luck Ed, I think an american made engine is a great idea. I would love to see it work out and succeed.

And thats whats hard about having a business, The things that were out of his control were the problems and not anything of his doing.

Good luck Ed,

Lance
RcRenew
Old 08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by EBMods
LOL,, ExTech engines were good, Trinity was not... and are no longer in business. I am still friends with Andrea Rossi formerly of Star Motor / Sirio.

GO engines agreement was with Race Factor, and was only a one year thing during which time I helped develop the JS Racing engine with Simon Yii of GO engines. Do you need anything else clarified for you Big Jay?
No clarification is needed Ed wish you all the luck .
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I would be all over an American made engine!

Rex
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

so a js wears out quick its a "problem" but a v-spec wears out quick "thats just how they are", i never understood that. bottom line, how was the performance and for how long vs how much it cost, js's won that more than lost. good luck ed with the new motors.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Ed and I have had our differences in the past, but you can't fault Ed for doing what he's doing. He's no millionaire or anything and he's trying to make it. He's had designs, of his own, for quite some time and dealing with a factory to make that engine over seas takes QC out of his hands. Engines are only as good as the materials they are made from.

Extech engines were good, but had their issues... Sirio based and now the Werks series, Orion, and NVision stuff has been worked out several years later. Not to mention Trinity/EPIC (Ernie Provetti) was in charge of everything and I know his track record with people. He's not the greatest person to do business with... IMO.

Go engines are on god knows what version now. Not the most popular, but decent engines after their generations of testing and remodeling.

The JS engines, while they were good engines, weren't reliable and wore out quick on people. Just simply sub standard materials and build quality.

I ran for Ed for a little while and he was always working hard and still is to make what he has work. Let him work things out and get this engine going before judgement is made. I think he's been through the war enough to know that this would be his last shot at it. I wish him luck and hope it goes well.
+1 I wish Eddy nothing but the best of luck in the future.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good luck ....ED cant wait too see your the next level engine....good too hear also
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

+1......cant wait.....with ed in control from start to finish look out!!!!! lmk ed i need one for indoor on my truggy.....lil test n tune
Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Will this be the first ever USA made motor? Ed... the last full mod JS you sent me went into its 9th gallon tonight at Nitro Pit Tune seems to be getting hard to hold though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.