Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Sirio offroad engines (2011)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sirio offroad engines (2011)

Looks like Sirio has updated some engines and also has a new one (the Seven)

Sirio CL3B 2011:

More pics:
http://www.rcrevolution.net/portal/m...keywords=sirio

Sirio CL7B STI Mario Rossi Tuned:

More pics:

Sirio S21 Seven Tuned (new 7 port model)

More pics:

There is also a Sirio S21 BXT1S 2011 but can't find pics of that one.
The new Seven Tuned looks interesting. It seems to have a lot in common with the Orion Alpha 7 port engine
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Very nice but it hard to get any sirio in the states.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's a shame that Trinity really put a black mark on Sirio with people here in the States. Sirio engines flat out run like the wind!

Thankfully Amain caries the Sirio line andnthey do have part support as well.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
It's a shame that Trinity really put a black mark on Sirio with people here in the States. Sirio engines flat out run like the wind!

Thankfully Amain caries the Sirio line andnthey do have part support as well.
I'd say the Werks or Orion engines are as good as the Sirios in the power dept, and IMO the quality is much better.. Or maybe it is jsut because if you do have a problem you can talk to Ron direct, and Trinity CS SUX, especially if it is a NITRO engine..
Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Trinity did a horrible job distributing
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ScottyM
I'd say the Werks or Orion engines are as good as the Sirios in the power dept, and IMO the quality is much better.. Or maybe it is jsut because if you do have a problem you can talk to Ron direct, and Trinity CS SUX, especially if it is a NITRO engine..
Sirio was LM's first inhouse brand...I dont think their quality of materials is any less then Orion or Werks
Support for Werks is top notch tho and that is a very big plus. Just too bad that Sirio is so badly represented in the USA.
A shame because Sirio are powerfull long lasting engines and the carbs are top notch since the 2010 version...easily up there with Nova and OS imo.
Sirio is known for powerfull engines -and so is Werks and Orion- Seems most engines that roll out of the LM factory are good performers
Old 07-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Trinity did a horrible job distributing
THEY DISRIBUTEyou could have fooled me
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v6shooter
THEY DISRIBUTEyou could have fooled me

Trinity is not concerned with anything Nitro related. They only import for a bit of extra $$..
Old 08-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

I've been using the Sirio Seven tuned in truggy and the Sirio CL3B 2011 in buggy for a little while now.

The Seven tuned is a very powerfull engine with good bottom and excelent mid and top. Very nice truggy engine coupled with a 2013 pipe. The 2058 is a good match aswell (included in the kit). The one i have has a hand tuned crank with a lot of work done to it (from factory). More then the one in the pics from the first post. Kinda strange - maybe an ongoing change?
The engine is pretty easy to tune but is a bit sensitive on bottom. Idle gap 0.45-0.5mm seems to work best with a crisp low end. I usually run a Sirio #6 plug as they give a bit more power and runtime (and are more robust), but this engine seems to like a Sirio #5 plug better (easier to get a good tune). A Sirio #5 plug is what's installed from factory aswell.

The CL3B 2011 has tons of bottom end and good top runout. I use it with a 2058 pipe and this seems to be a good match for the engine. This engine will probably do good in truggy aswell - will need to test that. It's very easy to tune and doesn't seem to be very critical on bottom end. The Seven needs to be spot on on bottom but the CL3B is already happy and performing great with a ballpark setting. The engine comes with a Sirio #6 plug and that's what i have been using aswell
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM

Trinity is not concerned with anything Nitro related. They only import for a bit of extra $$..
Absolutely correct. NOTHING nitro related has ever been properly supported by E.P. If Sirio wants to sell in the states again, they will have to find a new distributor.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ambros303
Sirio was LM's first inhouse brand...I dont think their quality of materials is any less then Orion or Werks
Made from the exact same factory. I don't think they use different materials to make the different brands. The carbs are actually identical. There are actually two very slightly different carbs coming out of LM. The only difference is the shielding around the carb neck. As you can see in the linked pics. But they both work exactly the same.

The above carb is used on the more premium engines. Suppose to have slightly better heat shielding. These are the same carbs used on the Pro range of Werks engines as well.

This carb is used on the more budget models across the brands coming out of LM.

I have both carbs on my different Werks mills and both perform great.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone know the street price for these different mills?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John.
Made from the exact same factory. I don't think they use different materials to make the different brands. The carbs are actually identical. There are actually two very slightly different carbs coming out of LM. The only difference is the shielding around the carb neck. As you can see in the linked pics. But they both work exactly the same.

The above carb is used on the more premium engines. Suppose to have slightly better heat shielding. These are the same carbs used on the Pro range of Werks engines as well.

This carb is used on the more budget models across the brands coming out of LM.

I have both carbs on my different Werks mills and both perform great.
It is my understanding that the new heatshield is an update of the 2010 carb. I think all new engines will come with this carb with updated heatshield eventually.
Other then the improved heatshield both old and new carbs are the same.
Very good carbs btw these 2010 LM models
Old 08-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John.
Anyone know the street price for these different mills?
I can give you European prices in EUR:

CL3B 2011 ~160 EUR
CL7B STI 2010 kit with 2057 ~280 EUR
CL7B STI MR tuned kit with 2058 ~325 EUR
S21 Seven tuned kit with 2058 and goodies ~325 EUR

Some shops are more expensive then the above prices so one needs to look around a bit
Old 10-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Rookie

@Ambros303

Hi,

are there some news about your engines =>the seven and the CLB3 Kit? I am very interested on both but also in Germany the distributor is not very fast/interested. Vid on truggy I hope to see next

Best regards
Jürgen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.