Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP standard crank question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP standard crank question

Hello, I'm currently building a RC10GT2 into a SC10 Nitro. I was able to find a new LRP Z.12R Truck engine but it came with a standard crank(threads from flywheel out). This is were I'm stuck. I ordered the AE adpter for standard crank(clutch nut w/ extension for bearing surface). the adpter doesn't screw on far enough to hold the flywheel on. It seems that the crank is to long. as you can see from the picture not even close. I'm unfamilar with these standard cranks. Could someone help out with a solution? Part # or guidance on were to look. Thanks in Advance, Kingdog
Sorry just realized I posted in the wrong section. Sorry new to this forum.
Attached Thumbnails LRP standard crank question-htc-pics-vids-395.jpg   LRP standard crank question-htc-pics-vids-397.jpg  

Last edited by Kingdog; 06-29-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Sorry just realized I posted in the wrong section. Sorry new to this forum.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That looks like the same piece that came on the original rc10gt. There was a nut supplied that was used to gauge where to cut the crankshaft with a rotary cut-off tool. You have to cut the crankshaft about 3-4 threads past flywheel so the adaptor will thread up to the flywheel. You may even need the old style clutch bell and bearings but not sure since I've never had or seen a rc10gt2 clutch assembly.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Dirtdobber thanks for the info. Since it is universal that makes sense that you would need to cut for each different application. I'm on it! Thanks Kingdog