Wiki Posts
Search

arrow gtr .21

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default arrow gtr .21

The specs on the answer rc site says 48,000 rpm and 2.9 at 36,000?

is this correct? That would make it the most powerfull .21 i have ever seen or heard of if true.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...hjop3d5eke7a65
Old 06-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

looks to be a tade high... all dyno's are different.. might be turned up to fudge the #'s... i have used the p/r/s form the arrow engine in several v-spec's now... run great with no issues.. this motor is basically the old v-spec.... jeremy
Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's called "marketing" so all the noobs will buy it. It might as well have 5hp @ 60,000 rpm. I don't think the importers care about what is true or not. Looks like a good ol' v-spec to me....
Old 06-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It is very similar to the old Vspec in design. But the port timing is definitely not the same. The Arrow has more aggressive port timing profiles.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Like stated dyno results very. Let's say Neil has a mill and sends it to A&B mods and he dyno's it and the numbers might/will very. The only way to compare engines via dyno numbers is if they are done by the same guy on the same dyno. That way there is a constinant with minimal veribales.

Ps I have nothing against Neil and Clockworks or A&B mods. They are just the two companies I know with dyno's, and I would trust any numbers they put out compared to what the manufacture say.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rider313
Like stated dyno results very. Let's say Neil has a mill and sends it to A&B mods and he dyno's it and the numbers might/will very. The only way to compare engines via dyno numbers is if they are done by the same guy on the same dyno. That way there is a constinant with minimal veribales.

Ps I have nothing against Neil and Clockworks or A&B mods. They are just the two companies I know with dyno's, and I would trust any numbers they put out compared to what the manufacture say.
I agree, but claiming 48k and 38k at 2.9 hp is a little over the top and just plain absurd. No way that is possible, even with higher port timing. Even if the crank/piston/rod is lightned and ceramic bearings are used with a higher compression ratio, you might get 45k. I just think false advertising and misinformation is bad and ther is no place for it.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

all the companies do it Marcus. Where they get these inflated numbers from is anyone's guess. I spoke to Neal about this awhile ago and he basically said its nothing more than a marketing ploy and those numbers are basically useless. I will say this though, after selling a bunch of these new Arrow engines everyone is loving them so far. They are basically an original V spec with a lower price tag and from customer feedback they keep pinch and compression much longer. Break in is more of a PITA than the original V spec but no one is complaining that compression is gone after 3-4 gallons. The engine is very smooth, gets great fuel mileage and is about $20 less than the B5 and $50 less than the new Blue head OS. There is a thread here dedicated to this engine and no-one has had any bad things to say so far.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313

not true. Its called spend the little money and time and calibrate your dyno so it gives real readings. dynos that aren't calibrated are only good for in-house comparisons. which if your dyno isn't calibrated, posting results to promote sales is just cheesy. its like looking at a buger king menu, the food never looks like that.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
all the companies do it Marcus. Where they get these inflated numbers from is anyone's guess. I spoke to Neal about this awhile ago and he basically said its nothing more than a marketing ploy and those numbers are basically useless. I will say this though, after selling a bunch of these new Arrow engines everyone is loving them so far. They are basically an original V spec with a lower price tag and from customer feedback they keep pinch and compression much longer. Break in is more of a PITA than the original V spec but no one is complaining that compression is gone after 3-4 gallons. The engine is very smooth, gets great fuel mileage and is about $20 less than the B5 and $50 less than the new Blue head OS. There is a thread here dedicated to this engine and no-one has had any bad things to say so far.
I understand you James, I guess I was just taken aback by those claims. I have never seen those kind of numbers even on modded on road engines. Thanks for the headz up, I will have to go check that thread out!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I understand you James, I guess I was just taken aback by those claims. I have never seen those kind of numbers even on modded on road engines. Thanks for the headz up, I will have to go check that thread out!
go look at the claims on some of the Axial engines