tuning nitro engine help

Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default tuning nitro engine help

hey there i have just gotten a lrp buggy with is nitro i don't have much expireance with nitro.

it seemed to start okay the first time but today was a real pain in the arse to get it going. it seems to idle fine but wont rev without cutting out.

i can get it going up and down the street pulling my finger to a certain point if i go past that point it dies. doesn't seem to be blowing much smoke when going up and down street but blows a good stream for the first part of take off after idling for a few secs.

any pointers or hints would be great.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

start by reading this
http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ing-bible.html

more info in that thread than anyone can comprehend in one reading.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gnatsum69
i can get it going up and down the street pulling my finger to a certain point if i go past that point it dies. doesn't seem to be blowing much smoke when going up and down street but blows a good stream for the first part of take off after idling for a few secs.

any pointers or hints would be great.
You have a lean bog. You need to richen up your high speed needle (hsn). Your burning up the fuel faster then your hsn can pump it in.