Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advantages of colder plugs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Prophet

im not a fan of cooler plugs inless your pretty good at tuning i whouldnt run them .

i, like plugs that are meduim/hot and hot plugs and (meduim heat plugs) easier to start easier to tune the engine and still has enough power to your engine.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Very true buddy! Very true.

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Was that a re-cap of what everyone else already said or did you not read the thread?
And your point is? I didn't realize it was against the rules to re-iterate what some people had said already. Doesn't look like you have anything informational to add to this thread. I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I post something..

I could've come on and said the exact opposite of what everyone else said, but that would be false information. Would that make you happier? Fu(k!ng children!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im not a fan of cooler plugs inless your pretty good at tuning i whouldnt run them .

i, like plugs that are meduim/hot and hot plugs and (meduim heat plugs) easier to start easier to tune the engine and still has enough power to your engine.
+1

From time to time, I try a hotter or colder plug depens on the outdoor temp. If I go from hotter to colder IŽll stick to the colder if the engine still runs great. On the other side I keep a hotter plug in the engine, if the tune is easier and if the idle becomes even better.

E.g.: I run OD77T (hot) plug in my HPI engine with 20% nitro. If I try Novarossi #5 (medium/cold), the engine starts to load up much easier and the throttle respons becomes ugly no matter how I tune the carb.

With the same fuel I don't get any improvement in my NOSRAM engine when I go dowm from #5 to OD77T so I'll stick to the Novarossi plug
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you know how to tune really well, colder plugs are the way to go IMHO. i almost always run a colder plug (never hotter) than is suggested for the engine.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
if you know how to tune really well, colder plugs are the way to go IMHO. i almost always run a colder plug (never hotter) than is suggested for the engine.
I'm sure you know how to tune really well

Remember the VERY big difference in the climate (temp, humidity, altitude etc. etc.) in difference areas around the world.

It all have a BIG effect on your fine engines
Old 04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am running orion med plugs in my clock b5 and it's unbelievable.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
And your point is?
My point is the answer was already posted.

I didn't realize it was against the rules to re-iterate what some people had said already.:
No one said it was againsed the rules.

I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I post something..:
Yes, be sure and do that, I'll let you know if it's ok.

I could've come on and said the exact opposite of what everyone else said, but that would be false information. Would that make you happier? Fu(k!ng children!
Listen dude, I wasn't trying to make you mad about it, I was making a funny but it obviously hit a defensive nerve with you as the question was already answered. Sorry for you feeling as you were called out "not the thread hero".. Grow up guy...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

some people on this forum really really pi$$ me off. I got called a complete moron and idiot in the electric section for running direct lipo to my 7955's when everyone knows otherwise, (no big deal really) Come on people it's the Internet. Arguing over the Internet is like trying to push a string, it just doesn't work.

disagreeing is one thing, flaming and being closed mind is another. I have learned that the rc community is a very small one, and you never know when you will need someone

Now, stop your b!tch!ng and be happy!!!!

i mean, do some of you actually feel better after talking down to someone on the freaking Internet? Really?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I got called a complete moron and idiot in the electric section for running direct lipo to my 7955's when everyone knows otherwise
7955's can absolutely handle direct Lipo..I know for fact as I have been running them like that for the last 8 months. hitech will not admit to it and they are not rated as HV servo's but bet your ass they can handle the power outage..You should have had some fun with those fools Dreaux
Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

My point is the answer was already posted.

No one said it was againsed the rules.

Yes, be sure and do that, I'll let you know if it's ok.

Listen dude, I wasn't trying to make you mad about it, I was making a funny but it obviously hit a defensive nerve with you as the question was already answered. Sorry for you feeling as you were called out "not the thread hero".. Grow up guy...

The way I see it dude... I provided useful information to this thread, whether or not it had already been posted. And you come in here with nothing to add other than telling me that my post was pointless. Sorry bro. I really don't care if you meant it as a joke or not. You're not adding anything constructive by telling me that I didn't need to post. Peace out.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The way I see it dude... I provided useful information to this thread, whether or not it had already been posted. And you come in here with nothing to add other than telling me that my post was pointless. Sorry bro. I really don't care if you meant it as a joke or not. You're not adding anything constructive by telling me that I didn't need to post. Peace out.

I NEVER said your post was "pointless" dude, lets not let our fingers type words that our butt's cant cash. But if the shoe fits..... A spade is a spade.

Since you would like to be babyish about this.....

"Useful information" and "adding anything constructive" What did you add that was "constructive" and "useful" that was not already posted?

You need to lighten up and chill out dude.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

I NEVER said your post was "pointless" dude, lets not let our fingers type words that our butt's cant cash. But if the shoe fits..... A spade is a spade.

Since you would like to be babyish about this.....

"Useful information" and "adding anything constructive" What did you add that was "constructive" and "useful" that was not already posted?

You need to lighten up and chill out dude.
+1 ..... sum one needs a nap-time...
Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Whatever dude. My bad for trying to be helpful. I guess that's want I get. Please enjoy the thread. I'm out.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
7955's can absolutely handle direct Lipo..I know for fact as I have been running them like that for the last 8 months. hitech will not admit to it and they are not rated as HV servo's but bet your ass they can handle the power outage..You should have had some fun with those fools Dreaux
i think recently hitec said it can handle direct lipo now. they said its the same servo as the 7954 but the 7955 has Ti gears instead of metal. the 7955 servo is next to impossible to destroy LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i think recently hitec said it can handle direct lipo now. they said its the same servo as the 7954 but the 7955 has Ti gears instead of metal. the 7955 servo is next to impossible to destroy LOL
Yup that's correct. Hitec says it's good to go on 7.4v. I don't know if it's still covered under warranty or not, but it can certainly handle it. I really don't know how they would tell if it was run on a lipo or not anyway. Have no fear running 7955's on direct lipo power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.