os speed vz tune

Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default os speed vz tune

right i have read the engine tune bible and it does sort of cover my question.But when i rev the engine when i let go of the throttle it seems to have two idles. High idle for about five to ten seconds then settles to a normal idle is this normal cant seem to get rid
Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

idle gap is to big.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

how about a pause inbetween full pulls?? it revs then pauses and revs again? zoom...zoooommm
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RockStar_199
how about a pause inbetween full pulls?? it revs then pauses and revs again? zoom...zoooommm
it was doing that leaned the bottem and it is smoother now
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

sorry im asking for a fix lol my engines seem to do this alot and i have to fat the bottom to fix but yet not the tun im looking for on the bottom
Old 04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like the low end needle is too fat.
Lean the low end needle a bit more till the idle stays high after a WOT pass. Then turn down the idle with the idle screw. When your idle is consistent check you high speed needle. It might need richening up a little bit after this.

Edit:
If you mean stuttering / machinegunning when your talking about a high idle after WOT then your low end needle is too lean (possibly high end needle aswell): richen it up a bit.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ambros303
Sounds like the low end needle is too fat.
Lean the low end needle a bit more till the idle stays high after a WOT pass. Then turn down the idle with the idle screw. When your idle is consistent check you high speed needle. It might need richening up a little bit after this.

Edit:
If you mean stuttering / machinegunning when your talking about a high idle after WOT then your low end needle is too lean (possibly high end needle aswell): richen it up a bit.
+1 Low end is to fat and the idle is to high. Whats happening is your engine idles High (where its set to) then as it sits and runs off the low end needle only (set to rich) it then slows the engine down as its loading up on fuel.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

yes bottom too fat idle too high solved it cool guys thanks for the help