Wiki Posts
Search

Torco 30% Nitro fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default Torco 30% Nitro fuel

just wondering if this fuel is any good? i have read many positives and negitives about it and dont know what to beleive, anyone have experince with it?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I've been running it for @ 8 or 9 gallons or so now. LOVE IT! Tunes very easy, leaves no residue inside, and I have had no issues with temps at all. the only downside is it tends to smoke a bit more than typical.....so when tuning by smoke you just need to be a little more careful with it.

It's all I run in my Alphas at the moment....
Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MotoGod
I've been running it for @ 8 or 9 gallons or so now. LOVE IT! Tunes very easy, leaves no residue inside, and I have had no issues with temps at all. the only downside is it tends to smoke a bit more than typical.....so when tuning by smoke you just need to be a little more careful with it.

thanks for the info.....

positives..................1
negitives..................0
so far
Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

About 6 to 7 gallons just as it states above
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I ran it before getting picked up by the O'Donnell team. I really liked it....very consistent from gallon to gallon, and tuned very easy.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the fuel is very good. Been running it for over a year now. almost 10 gallons on one of my engines with no problems. makes great power and run time is excellent.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

just stick with byrons torco as of late has had consistency problems.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Suspended

positive.........4
negitives.......1
anymore feedback on this fuel???
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

your going to get a mixture of love and hate with this fuel. I used it on my engines and my dads engines as well as a local guy ran it on his. On all the engines i ran it thru i could not get a consistent tune and also for it not to load up you had to lean it alot which causes issues but this is the reason you get your run time with this fuel, but keep in mind the more you lean it the less fuel which means less oil . i ended up having one engine rod go early on and 2 more engines lost compression about 5 gallon mark. A local guy had 3 engines go within a gallon. Both of us even had some experts tune it and they had the same results. Both of us swapped fuels at the same time and we havent had an issue since.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
your going to get a mixture of love and hate with this fuel. I used it on my engines and my dads engines as well as a local guy ran it on his. On all the engines i ran it thru i could not get a consistent tune and also for it not to load up you had to lean it alot which causes issues but this is the reason you get your run time with this fuel, but keep in mind the more you lean it the less fuel which means less oil . i ended up having one engine rod go early on and 2 more engines lost compression about 5 gallon mark. A local guy had 3 engines go within a gallon. Both of us even had some experts tune it and they had the same results. Both of us swapped fuels at the same time and we havent had an issue since.
I've heard stories of similar stuff, but my results have been great. My Alpha has had 7.5+ gallons of Torco through it....have yet to touch a thing on it. I think the excess smoke is what gets people...they lean too much and think the smoke trail is good....and grenade their engines. Just my opinion though.... It's a love hate thing like all other things RC. I have had great results....as have @ 10-15 other locals. No local horror stories with Torco...but have heard a lot on rctech about people grenading engines early on it. So who knows....
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Suspended

well im going to give it a try, bought a case! i guess all i can do is see for myself so we will see soon!! if it smokes my engines, i do a pretty good job getting the word out....LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inferno13
well im going to give it a try, bought a case! i guess all i can do is see for myself so we will see soon!! if it smokes my engines, i do a pretty good job getting the word out....LOL
It won't unless the guy turning the screwdriver makes it smoke your engine ;-) ...and if you don't like it. Let me know. Maybe I'll buy the leftover fuel from ya! haha
Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Suspended

It won't unless the guy turning the screwdriver makes it smoke your engine ;-) ...and if you don't like it. Let me know. Maybe I'll buy the leftover fuel from ya! haha
im sure it will be fine! if not i will use it to start bonfire...lol
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ive use it for 6 months my local hobby shop started carring that and runs good been with it for a while now
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've heard stories of similar stuff, but my results have been great. My Alpha has had 7.5+ gallons of Torco through it....have yet to touch a thing on it. I think the excess smoke is what gets people...they lean too much and think the smoke trail is good....and grenade their engines. Just my opinion though.... It's a love hate thing like all other things RC. I have had great results....as have @ 10-15 other locals. No local horror stories with Torco...but have heard a lot on rctech about people grenading engines early on it. So who knows....
i tune by performance not smoke or temps. Now if there is zero smoke thats different but if there is any at all and its performing good thats what matters. my engines last 8-10 gallons before the compression starts to go and then i buy a new engine. i tune mine and my dads engine as we rarely have engine issues and since swapping to byrons fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.