Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Interesting Question

This is a vary interesting question ask by a friend, i wonder if i can get some help with the answer.

" These days everyone is talking about fuel effiency & power advantages. On the heels of the nitro engine developments we ask this question. What is the most powerful and fuel efficient combination ? "

I`ve added the options below to try and narrow it down a bit.

3 - 4 ports + ceramic bearings + silicone crank

3 - 4 ports + steel bearings + normal crank

5 - 7 ports + ceramic bearings + silicone crank

Ports don't matter, it has to have dual ceramic bearing and a silicone crank
0 votes

Blah, ceramic bearings and silicone cranks are useless, you need more ports.

Thanks for your help !

Last edited by Andrew_67; 07-28-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think you're going to get soO many opinions here, but, here we go:

IMO, it's the Clockwork Modded B5 Pro with the 2058 or the 2013 pipe. It's a smooth, and incredibly powerful engine with the longest runtimes I've seen in a .21

*FIGHT!*
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Chevy or Ford anyone?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Imo, you can't get better a power/runtime combo than a flux capacitor combined with a Mr. Fusion, but answers to this vary interesting question will very.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

It's not a chevy ford thing... Most of the guys her are going to tell you exactly what is in your signature block! End of story
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think a better question would be centered around why are we still messing around with needles to fine tune an engine.

The first engine company to create some form of electronic ignition for these little engines will become a very lucrative one. I know, I know, the first rebuttle is usually "but the cost to do this...blah blah" but think about it:

The abililty to tune your engine with your TX instantly would be incredible and extremely precise. To me that would be worth a little more in pricing!

Thoughts?

Last edited by hookem34; 07-27-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling....
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hookem34
I think a better question would be centered around why are we still messing around with needles to fine tune an engine.

The first engine company to create some form of electronic ignition for these little engines will become a very lucrative one. I know, I know, the first rebuttle is usually "but the cost to do this...blah blah" but think about it:

The abililty to tune your engine with your TX instantly would be incredible and extremely precise. To me that would be worth a little more in pricing!

Thoughts?
This is some Formula 1 type stuff. Being able to control the fuel settings remotely from the radio would be amazing, but as you stated, the cost would huge to develop and eventually run. But still, would be super cool!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34

Thoughts?
Me and a fell racer were just talking about fuel injection. Imagine how many more guys would race nitro if they ne'er had to mess with Tune. I precdict it will happen. When idk? But I have high hopes it will.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Their won't be developed fuel injection nor ignition systems since the international rule books (IFMAR/EFRA/ROAR/etc) forbid such engine to be deployed in races...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The truth to the matter is that there are really only 3-5 engines on the market that are even capable of getting 10+ minute run times and that is only under perfect conditions. Your driving style, geographic Location, track surface, tire choice, pipe choice, fuel choice, clutch set-up, etc, etc are all factors in getting extended run times. Dont think for a minute that because a guy in New Jersey is getting 10 minutes plus from his, " insert engine here" That if you rush out and buy one 97 out of 100 times you will not get the same run times as him. Nowadays I just want an good reliable engine with good bottom end that lasts 6+ gallons in stock form and dont cost $300-$400. There are a boatload of engines that fit that category. I do prefer my engines modified by Clockworks only because of their customer service and knowledge and I prefer the performance of a modified engine.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

"Engine X is the most fuel efficient motor available today" is a blanket statement that CANNOT be made. There are simply too many variables in the equation:
  • Elevation
  • Track grip and layout
  • Drivetrain Efficiency (MP9 is best - HAHAH)
  • Car weight (again MP9 is best - HAHAH)
  • Tuning Ability of said racer
  • Driving Style of said racer
  • Throttle Servo speed and exponential
  • Fuel

Of all these variables, I think the driving style and quality of fuel has the biggest impact on fuel economy. One sure fire way to increase your fuel economy is to smooth out that throttle finger

Later
Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

LOL
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

i got 17.5 minutes out of an OS .12CVR once in an RC10GT, had a tmaxx fuel tank in it tho...

oh wait you prolly meant .21s huh? lol
Old 07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoryD
"

Of all these variables, I think the driving style and quality of fuel has the biggest impact on fuel economy. One sure fire way to increase your fuel economy is to smooth out that throttle finger
This.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

I have to agree with some of the above posts. Most engine won't go 10 min in a buggy. I used to be horrible with fuel milage, struggling to get 7:30 for a pit stop. Now that I have developed and changed my driving, I can go 8:30 to 9 min. I have gone as long as 11 mins with my ODO .21 during practice, but by race time, thats a no go, right back to 8-9 min runs. Just work on your throttle control and tuning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.