Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P3 & P4 OS plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default P3 & P4 OS plugs

I just bought a Ninja and a OS ( black) Engines, ( I,m used to Novarossi).
So Far as Glow plugs for Ninja & OS engines...
My Friends always use P3 OS Glow plug...for they ninja & Os engines & never P4...
In Wich ocasion should I use P4 Plugs...
How ABout OŽdonnell 77T & 97T for Os 7 Ninja Engines?
Thanks.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sorry went to wrong forum.

Sorry, this should be on the engine sub.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have been running os engines for a while and that's basically what you are running. They work best on p3 plugs. The only time I would even consider running a p4 is if I was breaking the wire off or it was very very hot outside. I will run a p4 once the temp outside is over 110 otherwise these engines love p3 plugs. The p3 plug was in fact designed forthese engines so why run anything else. You can get away with el cheapo odonnel plugs but I can never understand why.

One more thing. Which ninja engine is it b01a? Or mr ninja?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
You can get away with el cheapo odonnel plugs but I can never understand why.
I have raced OD plugs competitively and without regret for the past 2 years. They last longer than OS plugs and cost half as much, what's not to like??

I don't race for OD either, every plug has come out of pocket from an online hobby shop. It's not a team bias, it's what I have found to be the best for my program, to each his own.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

P3's are really the only plug you'll need for the most part. Some people prefer the P4's at times, and I think that all depends partly on what fuel you use(especially nitro percentage). I would stick with OS plugs. I've used the OD plugs and they just don't run as well or last as long as a P3. My 2 cents.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I use the P3 in my Ninja's and have never needed to use a P4. I personally only seem to change my plug because I can't remember the last time i changed it and get nervous thinking it will go bad in the main, I'm guessing I change it after 10 to 12 race days (I race twice weekly during the season). I do run a conservative tune with the engine in the 200 to 220 degree range.

If I was going through plugs weekly or more I would be all over the OD plugs, but generally if that's the case something is wrong IMO.