Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Engine has no compression... Please help >

Engine has no compression... Please help

Engine has no compression... Please help

Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well that sucks... I guess I will send it to RCRenew and get it fixed. I got my old Mach 427 from the Losi 8 T 1.0 that has tons of pinch left. Will that work for now good or not enough power?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That has plenty of power.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by SDelaney
Well that sucks... I guess I will send it to RCRenew and get it fixed. I got my old Mach 427 from the Losi 8 T 1.0 that has tons of pinch left. Will that work for now good or not enough power?
dude those motors are absolutely awesome!...i had 1 and loved it!....it ran for ever!...and i bought it used
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Ok, I got the engine pulled this morning (didn't have time to get the clutch or flywheel off though) before going to work. I can now see in through where the pipe attaches and see that the piston move up to the point where it gets snugh, but no further. I am spinning the flywheel so to see this.

So, what would cause me to still be spinning the flywheel but the piston appears to stick once it gets even the slightest of resistance? I plan to take the back plate off when I get home to see if I can see anything else, but I am starting to think it may not be a issue with the piston sleeve, but more like somethink broke or came loose inside the engine.

Thanks again for everyones help.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

loose flywheel nut. its not smashing the flywheel against the collet so when the piston hits the top of the pinch the crank stops and the flywheel spins
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
So the flywheel just spin or the crankshaft? If it just the flywheel you just need to take off the clutch bell and tighten down the flywheel nut.
This right here! I tried to told ya
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sein
This right here! I tried to told ya
You did man... I didn't know last night what I know now, but it makes sense now with the engine out. Hopefully this is all it is. Can't wait to get home to get the clutch and flywheel off.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by SDelaney
You did man... I didn't know last night what I know now, but it makes sense now with the engine out. Hopefully this is all it is. Can't wait to get home to get the clutch and flywheel off.

Thanks to everyone.
but the gold cone( Flywheel collet) Might be ruined, cause the flywheel was slipping alot....if the clutch nut is already tight...then its the collet....cheap easy fix....either way...i doubt there is anything wrong with the motor
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

THANKS TO EVERYONE... I got it torn apart tonight, cleaned it up from the fuel leak and put it back together and it is working as expected again. While frustrating in the begining this was a good learning opportuity for me since I am still new to this.

This is a great forum and everyone is very helpful. Thanks again for everyones help.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

With plug out and you feel it spin free isn't bad that means theres no pinch. You know a engine is broke in when no pinch is left, check compression. Put in plug and turn if still very esy to turn i would say buy a better engine like werks. Not really worth pinching since its a rtr rngine and you can get werks engines for $200. Also if it was linking and the needle wasnt loose tighten the gold outsert by the nut at bottom of gold. Also seal the engine with sealent on carb, backplate.