R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #151
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Does it have anywhere near the oomph of a TN? I watched a guy racing a TN in a buggy once. It was hilarious..
IDK.... I have yet to play with this engine myself....

p.s. if you thought a stock TN was crazy, you should see the mod Bonito run ! take a stock TN and tack on about another 40 % more oomph !
Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #152
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
keep in mind guys, that with a 17.6 mm stroke this engine is going to struggle making big RPM....This kind of long stroke design is good for making torque, not for making RPM.....nothing wrong with that either, just keep that in mind when your looking for the big RPM...also keep in mind that with the extra long stroke the engine has extremely high piston velocities and a very extreme rod angle...pushing it too much into the high RPM is going to result in damage and possible failure.....
+1,

Be nice. Don't run too lean on top!!! Gear for speed!
chrisw212002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 AM   #153
Tech Initiate

I'm running the JP2 and I'm really happy with the punch and bottom end but tops abit weak at the moment...It'll come alive no doubt...I'm going to pop the 14tooth on see how it goes. Temperatures dropped alot here in england this last week so I'll be able to lean it right out and still make good temps only joking.
CHUNKERLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #154
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKERLUV View Post
I'm running the JP2 and I'm really happy with the punch and bottom end but tops abit weak at the moment...It'll come alive no doubt...I'm going to pop the 14tooth on see how it goes. Temperatures dropped alot here in england this last week so I'll be able to lean it right out and still make good temps only joking.
I run .21 rr (20% nitro) with Lrp high torque tuned pipe in my rtr buggy shorter gear ratio up against Alpha tuned engine (30%) in truggy from standing start, the .21 rr dust the Alpha engine right after half mark and towards the end. The power delivery is so smooth from bottom to top it does feel a bit slow if I run on the straight on my own but if I go against with other car then you know it is fast. Tuning and engine temperature is stable now run at 2 plus gals compression is very strong. HSN about 2 turn out from flush never exceed 125 deg c.
skbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #155
Tech Apprentice

I have owned many nitro engines this is the best engine so far. I run all the engines in the same buggy just to make fair comparison. It has lots of bottom end power for 7 ports engine maybe because its extra long stroke design and it also has lots of top end power. Maybe too much for buggy. No regret at all

Last edited by skbb; 11-06-2011 at 01:00 AM.
skbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #156
Tech Apprentice

Would this be a good engine to start with for buggy racing? Just getting into it.. I got a jammin x1 rtr a while back so I know I cant, use that .28 motor to race.. Any inputs here? And if so what else will be needed with it?
Beef40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #157
JEK
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to JEK Send a message via MSN to JEK Send a message via Skype™ to JEK

Old ... Novarossi r7 is compatible with this engine?