Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drake platinum Trinity 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drake platinum Trinity 3.5

Can anyone tell me anything about this engine, other then the fact it's not made any more....Did Drake really run these engines in his 8ight at one time?(ya right) I know he was sponsered by Trinity fuels at one time. I'm just guessing but this engine looks like a picco. Hey I got it off flea bay for less then 50 buck and this engines hauls A$$!! not to bad on the fuel times either. I figure its a good saturday night club racing engine. I really don't post much in any forums but I would like to know a little more about this engine. is it a worthy racer???
Old 01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes they are picco engines and yes they are great and fast engines. And Yes drake used to run them for quite a while a couple years back. They were similar to the piccco P7R and jammin .21 engines.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Picco....Cool...

So she's a keeper Huh.? This is cool then it should last a little while longer then if I take care of it.(real meaning run it like I stole it)...L...Thanks for your help....!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

if tuning starts to get funky check the carb first. those are some crazy fast motors, i think drake was winning the most when he was running those. not to good with grp's, doing ok with novas.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

loved this engine, its a real power-house weapon and one of my fav's but............................................... ....... today ... booooom! good-bye rod oh well time for a new mill

Drake platinum Trinity 3.5-photo0340.jpg
Drake platinum Trinity 3.5-photo0336.jpg