Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is this normal

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default is this normal

im getting mixed answers from various ppl as to weather this is normal..my buggy runs real good..only problem is after comming of wide open throttle the idle is high for a while before coming down to its norm idle speed is this supposed to happen?
here are links to my videos of the car running sor if the video is not the greatest i only was driving with one hand and videoing with the other

youtube.com/watch?v=XYH9rzadxsc
Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

High idle after WOT is usually a sign of the "average woman" tune.

Too lean on top, too fat bottom and a wide gap.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomtheroom
im getting mixed answers from various ppl as to weather this is normal..my buggy runs real good..only problem is after comming of wide open throttle the idle is high for a while before coming down to its norm idle speed is this supposed to happen?
here are links to my videos of the car running sor if the video is not the greatest i only was driving with one hand and videoing with the other

youtube.com/watch?v=XYH9rzadxsc
Its not too bad in my opinion. It does sound like your idle is set a little high however in normal race conditions your not wot for as long as you are running in an open field.

If you have really good low end power you may want richen the low speed which will calm down the high idle one hour at a time.

If you feel you will lose bottom end power turn your idle down just a hair. Some people like to run a slightly higher idle to ensure no flame out.

There so many different factors though. Your pretty close though
Old 01-21-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Its not too bad in my opinion. It does sound like your idle is set a little high however in normal race conditions your not wot for as long as you are running in an open field.

If you have really good low end power you may want richen the low speed which will calm down the high idle one hour at a time.

If you feel you will lose bottom end power turn your idle down just a hair. Some people like to run a slightly higher idle to ensure no flame out.

+1
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

is there anyone willing to video their car at wot like mine and show me what it should sound like comming off wot?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by triplesix
High idle after WOT is usually a sign of the "average woman" tune.

Too lean on top, too fat bottom and a wide gap.
ROFLMFAO
Old 01-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

shouldnt it go straight to idle after wot instead of hanging?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

is there anyone willing to video their car at wot like mine and show me what it should sound like comming off wot?
Your tune is almost there. Its right at the point where hour increments should get you nearly perfect.

How should it sound after wot? It should almost instantly drop down to normal idle. That is when you know your dead on.

You should hear the high idle for less than 3 seconds coming out of wot.

In your video the sound of the normal idle is the sound you should be looking for after wot.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

shouldnt it go straight to idle after wot instead of hanging?
Yes but not instant. The way your running your car in the open field wot for seconds on end your engine needs a chance to come down from 30,000 rpms to 0.

Whatever you do don't start cranking on the needles with half turns. Hour by hour and try what I told you by richening the bottom first. One needle at time.

Also in your video no one knows how long you were running it before you started filming. If you just turned your car on chances are that you may have not got to temp yet. I doubt it though based on how long your hammering the trigger.

Just keep in mind that the longer the run its quite possible that your idle screw may need to be adjusted and set for a higher idle.

Reason is due to the start of the race your going at it like crazy but as time goes on you settle down and get into a groove not pushing the car as hard.

Tuning an engine is an art and its difficult to do. Takes a ton of practice. There usually is not a week that goes by where I dont have to ask someone for help on my tune. 40 seconds later and viola my engine is perfectly tuned leaving me dumb founded.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Here what your engine should sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnP5...ayer_embedded#!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

this is how an engine should idle down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubH6340AJk
Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
this is how an engine should idle down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubH6340AJk
That thing screams! Literaly i have a head ache lol. This sounds right to me but what im seeing is no one tell him why this is happening. Ive seemed to notice when you lean bottom end then your idle gets a little higher, so you have to turn idle down a bit.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Here what your engine should sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnP5...ayer_embedded#!
Its hard to get an engine with a "La'near" feel.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

youtube.com/watch?v=wOFNL9wvht8&feature=BF&list=UL6Q6Sf6FnH9Y& index=23

see at 5:15
the idle hangs before dropping
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes but not instant. The way your running your car in the open field wot for seconds on end your engine needs a chance to come down from 30,000 rpms to 0.

Whatever you do don't start cranking on the needles with half turns. Hour by hour and try what I told you by richening the bottom first. One needle at time.

Also in your video no one knows how long you were running it before you started filming. If you just turned your car on chances are that you may have not got to temp yet. I doubt it though based on how long your hammering the trigger.

Just keep in mind that the longer the run its quite possible that your idle screw may need to be adjusted and set for a higher idle.

Reason is due to the start of the race your going at it like crazy but as time goes on you settle down and get into a groove not pushing the car as hard.

Tuning an engine is an art and its difficult to do. Takes a ton of practice. There usually is not a week that goes by where I dont have to ask someone for help on my tune. 40 seconds later and viola my engine is perfectly tuned leaving me dumb founded.

dam a hour of a turn that seems big isnt it better to do small turns or a half turn for a race tune ?

i know you know what your doing just curious ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.