Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
O'Donnell Speed Blend Racing Fuel >

O'Donnell Speed Blend Racing Fuel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell Speed Blend Racing Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

I can't post pics from my phone I just pulled of from sec round and had just over half a yank left at 180 degs 7.5 restrictor and ninja pipe. I am sure Scott will chime in and confirm this post for ever one
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Did any Odonel fuel drivers win at Midwest Niro Champs?

Last edited by revo61; 01-23-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

i had a rough weekend but my car was great and i did a 10 min main with fuel to spare
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WOW

All i can say is WOW WOW WOW, the new fuel is bad a$$! after a 10 min main i had 1/3 of a tank left and if anyone seen me this weekend you know i am ON the throttle all the time. Every thing i was told about the fuel before wasn't hipe, it was the absolute truth and actually very modest.
I leaned my motor on top 6 and 1/2 hours to get it up to 200deg. and 1 hour on bottom. After that i never touched my needles all weekend !

I cant say enough about the performance! I run the new OS speed XZ and have been very pleased with it, after this weekend with the new fuel I LOVE it. The motor is SOOOOOOOO consistant on responce off the corners no matter if you just came off a straight or after the slow infield section.

My friend also ran this fuel in his dynamite xp this wekend and his motor came ALIVE. I think everybody knows that motor is not a power house but after tuning it in with the SPEED BLEND fuel he asked me to richin it up a little to slow it down

For anybody in question or doubt about this fuel, first you for sure havent used it or the doubt would be gone! Secondly, I promise u it is the cheapest way to improve run time on all those 200 dollor motors out there that are known for poor MPG.

Oh yea, I finished 27th out of the 80 some pro buggies.

Scott
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I tried the new fuel at the Midwest Champs and was very impressed - I noticed improved idle, power and run time. I ran my truggy 10 min main without a stop and had a 1/4 tank remaining in my RC8T w/ a Ninja JX21, 7mm restrictor and 2060 pipe with L header.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I can do nothing but agree with what NGW(Scott) wrote above. During the 5 minute practice sessions I came off and checked my consumption and I consistently had just over 2/3 capacity of fuel remaining in my losi buggy tank. My idle was very smooth. After a 10 minute main, I had about 1/3 left in the tank.....so a 15 minute pitstop is doable. This is great fuel in my opinion. With this new blend, the days of burning nostrils and eyes are gone! Kudo's to Hobbico for creating an excellent product.

Last edited by golferdude1971; 01-24-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Last edited by strangwz; 01-25-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: removed duplicate post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
All i can say is WOW WOW WOW, the new fuel is bad a$$! after a 10 min main i had 1/3 of a tank left and if anyone seen me this weekend you know i am ON the throttle all the time. Every thing i was told about the fuel before wasn't hipe, it was the absolute truth and actually very modest.
I leaned my motor on top 6 and 1/2 hours to get it up to 200deg. and 1 hour on bottom. After that i never touched my needles all weekend !

I cant say enough about the performance! I run the new OS speed XZ and have been very pleased with it, after this weekend with the new fuel I LOVE it. The motor is SOOOOOOOO consistant on responce off the corners no matter if you just came off a straight or after the slow infield section.

My friend also ran this fuel in his dynamite xp this wekend and his motor came ALIVE. I think everybody knows that motor is not a power house but after tuning it in with the SPEED BLEND fuel he asked me to richin it up a little to slow it down

For anybody in question or doubt about this fuel, first you for sure havent used it or the doubt would be gone! Secondly, I promise u it is the cheapest way to improve run time on all those 200 dollor motors out there that are known for poor MPG.

Oh yea, I finished 27th out of the 80 some pro buggies.

Scott

Nice job, Scott!

How are you liking that powerband on the new Speed?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

My son, Henry, tried the Speed Blend fuel at the CRCRC race this past weekend. We had pretty much always used the 'old' O'Donnell fuel because we got good engine life w/ it. However, we also always wanted a crisper, smoother running engine. The Speed Blend delivers on both counts, in spades. Made the buggy easier to drive.

I can't vouch for any fuel economy improvements. We were getting 10:00 plus minus about 10 sec on a tank w/ the old fuel. However, I can say there was more fuel left in the tank after a 5 minute qualifier than had been in the past. Fuel economy is hard to judge except in race conditions, so it's going to take us a little longer to really gauge any improvement here.

Motor (an RB) also seemed to run cooler, although that could ultimately prove to be incorrect, as the ambient temp was pretty cool (46 deg F at the track when I measured it). That said, the motor came off at 221 after the 15 minute c-main in Pro Buggy. In the past, it would be 240 - 250 in 10 - 15 degree warmer ambient temps.

Henry finished 4th in that c-main, or 24th overall.

Kudos to O'Donnell, and I'd like to thank Scott for hooking us up w/ the fuel. Assuming engine longevity doesn't suffer, or suffers little, it's our fuel of choice from now on.

On Edit: Sorry for the double post -- I waited for a couple hours or so and the first post hadn't shown up, so I thought it was lost, somehow, and posted again. Mods: feel free to delete first post.

Last edited by strangwz; 01-25-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 15 Minute in Truggy and still had 1/8 tank left

Wow this new formula is a real "GAME CHANGER"!! I usually run my motors richer than most (I guess being in the boats for a lot of years with high nitro %) and was able to make just 1 pit stop in a 30 minute main. Once it came in the temp was 200 and I still had 1/8 of a tank left. I have a traditional OS V-spec (1/2 gallon on it), 7mm restrictor, and 2050 pipe. The oder is gone, crisp throttle response and it is finally a color so you can see it. I think this is the 1st major industry change since the 2.4ghz and AKA products. The original blend was great, this new is like Day and Night difference!!

Hobbico research group, Thanks for the hard work and again, it's a Game Changer!

Go to the nearest hobby shop and request this stuff.....it's awesome

Keep up the great work!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ben Burtle
Nice job, Scott!

How are you liking that powerband on the new Speed?
Thanks, this new design speed is like cheating It has for sure the most driveable powerband i have seen and still has enough low end grunt to launch off the corners. (power to the ground)

Scott
Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you running a 2060?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Yep a 2060 pipe, 6.5 restrictor and the asendancy clutch with 4 green springs.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

The new fuel is great. This week end at crcrc my dynamite xp ran the best its ever run. Fast as hell I should be able to get 12 to 13 min of run time that's good for a xp 6mm restrictor 0801 alpha pipe. The motor is super crisp and smooth its like a different motor. Oh did i say fast!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Did some run testing last night with this fuel and improved idle and crisp response and in a cheap dynamite motor i got 10mins in a buggy and still had little fuel left. Before with byrons i was only getting 8mins with this motor and it would die. Its crazy how the power comes in as well.. Ill be running this fuel for now on. I bet with my nova plus 4 race motor in ill be getting 15mins in buggy something that i thought was never capable of doing. Before with byrons i got 10 mins 50 sec with nova i cant wait to see what it will do now! Great Job OD now if the OD car was this good!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.