Old 05-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

soon to release a fauxvarossi P5XLT
Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jaz240
soon to release a fauxvarossi P5XLT

Have you heard of the Ultimate engines (when speaking of Novarossi based engines)? I can see your irony and bitterness here over the MIT B5. Please go bother someone else.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

The two MIT engines look like Alpha F850 and A852.
Then they take the crankshaft, drill the tiny hole bigger, and slot a groove in a place where I don't think it can really do much good.

Basicly they just do stuff to the crank which doesn't change it's function, but looks like they've done something, which no doubt "impresses everyone".
Old 06-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eivind E
The two MIT engines look like Alpha F850 and A852.
Then they take the crankshaft, drill the tiny hole bigger, and slot a groove in a place where I don't think it can really do much good.

Basicly they just do stuff to the crank which doesn't change it's function, but looks like they've done something, which no doubt "impresses everyone".
The MIT engines have work done to the sleeve and crankshaft so somewhat different to alphas in that regard. They may be alpha based engines and that doesent make it a bad engine!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat7
Have you heard of the Ultimate engines (when speaking of Novarossi based engines)? I can see your irony and bitterness here over the MIT B5. Please go bother someone else.
I have no issues with new engine companies. Everyone has a right to make a buck. The fact that the blatantly stole the names of Werks engines is downright nasty! There's only like 4784 billion other names they could picked from.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have no issues with new engine companies. Everyone has a right to make a buck. The fact that the blatantly stole the names of Werks engines is downright nasty! There's only like 4784 billion other names they could picked from.
And Werks stole the B5 name from JP Racing...
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Who gives a c.rap what the engine's called? They could call it a Powder-Puff and if it were a good engine for a good price, who cares?...
Old 06-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Imbue
Doesent the 5 in B5 refer to the number of ports in the engines?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flat7
Doesent the 5 in B5 refer to the number of ports in the engines?
"B"uggy "5"-port is basically how I've always seen the B5/B-5 name (or B-7, B7, B3, etc)...

I don't really care who copied who or whatever. Someone getting upset over something as arbitrary as engine name that is super generic, is pointless. (Remember the Orion B521 debacle?) Because nearly every company (in this industry especially) is guilty of copying someone or something at one point in time.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These Alpha based engines are nice. They're based off of the Alpha A852 and F850 with some factory mods. I tried both and they put out a good amount of power on both models so I don't really care about who copied who on the names too. Im loving these engines and for the mods it comes with and the for the price.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A7racer
They're based off of the Alpha A852 and F850 with some factory mods.
Just looking at the pictures it looks like these "mods" are not factory, and are non-functional. The small hole they drill out won't do anything worthwhile really, and then they make a slot in the crank in a place where it won't do anything for the engine's function.

Basicly the "mods" are cosmetics designed to trick you into thinking it's improved in some way, while it isn't.
So pretty much, it's an F850 and an A852 with a different logo on the head, that's all there is to it.

I would love it if one of the resident engine modders on here would take a look at those pics and give it an honest evaluation, just love it.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Regardless, Engine puts out good power for me.
Novarossi Mugen Beat B5...everyones using it
Old 06-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just looking at the pictures it looks like these "mods" are not factory, and are non-functional. The small hole they drill out won't do anything worthwhile really, and then they make a slot in the crank in a place where it won't do anything for the engine's function.

Basicly the "mods" are cosmetics designed to trick you into thinking it's improved in some way, while it isn't.
So pretty much, it's an F850 and an A852 with a different logo on the head, that's all there is to it.

I would love it if one of the resident engine modders on here would take a look at those pics and give it an honest evaluation, just love it.
Hope he will read this.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Have u used both MIT and it's oem alpha. ?

I can tell u they are completely diff in power and runtime ,

I have ran them since day 1 for Steven from Specialrc

Thanks for living up the thread tho

Also try looking at the cuts on the back of the crank between each motor
Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imbue
Actually we had been using the B designation for years already with the B3 and B7 which werer origionaly marketed under the Collari brand that we imported in the early 2000's and later took over production of. The B simply designated buggy and the number indicated the port count. So when we released a 5 port it logically contnued to follow that same naming system and became the B5. To say we stole the name from JP is not correct as their engine names are i.e. FX21 B-5T or FX21 B-5N and they use a blue cooling head which I think you will agree is quite different than just Werks B5 and us using a black cooling head color. Either way though that is a little different than the scenario here where MTI chose to use the same model name as us, and also the same black cooling head color which I too have to question considering all of the other possible choices that could have been made lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.