VP POWERMASTER FUEL

Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

After testing a few quarts of Power Master 30% my eyes were opened wide (very wide) to how good this fuel is. So much in fact we will be stocking it!

http://www.trackstarrc.com/trackstar/index.php
Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

This fuel is AWESOME!!!! I've been running it since last year and have been getting great fuel mileage and it warmed up quick to my WERKS engines. I race with Mike Battaile all the time, and he is a super cool guy.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ran the jconcepts summer nats a couple weeks ago...got 9 min pit stops thanks to this fuel
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Ran the jconcepts summer nats a couple weeks ago...got 9 min pit stops thanks to this fuel
+1 PowerMaster fuel has excellent run time. This past weekend at the Tiltyard in Dayton, VA, I was very close to 10 minutes on a high speed layout.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A little birdie told me that this and Nitrotane are the exact same thing. Just different cans. Normally I dont care about oil content but also found out that powermaster has only 6%. Thats to low for me. Opened up a motor I was breaking in on powermaster the other day and it was almost dry inside. The motor was at factory settings for break in so no it wasnt to lean.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brandundecided
A little birdie told me that this and Nitrotane are the exact same thing. Just different cans. Normally I dont care about oil content but also found out that powermaster has only 6%. Thats to low for me. Opened up a motor I was breaking in on powermaster the other day and it was almost dry inside. The motor was at factory settings for break in so no it wasnt to lean.
It is interesting you mention that becasue the fisrt thing I notice when I switch to Powermaster was the additional amount of smoke from the motor.
I don't know the exact specs on the fuel but it works really good for me.
I ran a 1hr long truggy main at the RC Pro finals last year on a used motor, motor ran flawlessly. The motor just now blew a rod at the St. Louis Dirt burners RC Pro race and I came down the drivers stand with a smile, all I said was about time. I abused that motor so much by running at many big races (at least 1 or two a month). if 6% oil like you mention its going to give me that kind of performance out of a motor then I'm all for it.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Not true at all. Nitrotane is made by VP, but they are different formulas.
I don't know what the oil percentage is, but I do know it lubricates very well. One of the VP guys told me they use a dry castor in the fuel and it burns very clean. That's probably why you don't see a buildup of oil. I switched from Byrons to Powermaster. So far I've only run 1 race with the Powermaster, but my fuel mileage drastically increased. I was pitting at 9 minutes with Byrons on my P5, last race with Powermaster I was pitting at 10 minutes, but was getting right at 13 minutes on the tank. I ran the last 12:45 of the race on a tank and probably had enough gas left for 1 more lap.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Incorrect. VP makes both Powermaster and Nitrotane, however Nitrotane is made to Losi/Horizon's specs. Powermaster is made to VP's specs. Also, not sure who the "little birdy" is, but I had this specific discussion at the Nats w/ Mike Battaile, and you are incorrect on both accounts. I routinely break in motors using powermaster, and none of them have been "dry." Be sure not to confuse "dryness" with the absence of black grime, ash, soot, and other byproducts that occur in the cheaper fuels. When I break in my motors with Powermaster, there is a tremendous amount of smoke billowing out the exhaust and the unburned lubricant is clear. Upon opening up the engine, the internals are clean.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how does this fuel compair to coldfusion majik blend?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Nitrotane is 100% synthetic oil. Powermaster is 3/4% synthetic and 1/4 castor as stated on the can and the website.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Wish they would bring back nitro juice,my fav fuel of all time!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Were can we order.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Wish they would bring back nitro juice,my fav fuel of all time!

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but VP hired the 2 guys that made Nitro Juice and Rocket Science to reformulate the Powermaster fuel. 2 of the best all in 1 with the best technology in the fuel industry behind them. Can't go wrong there.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Is there anywhere in Canada to get this fuel.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Folks looking for the fuel should call/contact PowerMaster directly at 210.635.7755 or www.powermasterfuels.com. From the website, chose contact us and you can submit your inquiry directly from the page.

Obviously the goal would be to have our LHS's carry this amazing fuel. When I spoke to Mike Battaile, he encouraged racers to provide him with contact information so he could work his magic with any LHS to get the product on their shelves.

I don't have a LHS but if I did, I'd be all over them to carry PowerMaster Racing Fuel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.