Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Dynamite Platinum .21XP "Euro Edition" >

Dynamite Platinum .21XP "Euro Edition"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dynamite Platinum .21XP "Euro Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Dynamite Platinum .21XP "Euro Edition"

Has anyone had any experience with this engine? I know they aren't the fastest out there for the money but from my past experiences with Dynamite engines they seem to be pretty tough. My first engine was a Dynamite Mach 2 and I was a terrible tuner, no matter how far off the tune was it still ran. It ran great for 6 gallons, until I moved on to a higher end engine. Any info would be great. Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XPE

This motor is very fast!!! it is not made by SH like other Dynamite engines, it is made by Alpha so run the A-Plus pipe and it will rip!!!! Every one I know that runs Alpha engines runs a Novarossi carb but you don't need to.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by fievel
Has anyone had any experience with this engine? I know they aren't the fastest out there for the money but from my past experiences with Dynamite engines they seem to be pretty tough. My first engine was a Dynamite Mach 2 and I was a terrible tuner, no matter how far off the tune was it still ran. It ran great for 6 gallons, until I moved on to a higher end engine. Any info would be great. Thanks
If you want to experience the power of this engine, just buy an Alpha Plus F850.

The service you will get and the parts availability from Alpha dealers will be much more satisfying.

You won't need to put any other carburetor on it as long as it's an Alpha Plus.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

this engine flies deffinetly recommend to im gettin me one other than a werks b5 they seem so much faster and they can run good even if u cant tune perfect engine for club racing and learning to tune if my grp takes a dumo its ganna be my jbrl engine lol
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
this engine flies deffinetly recommend to im gettin me one other than a werks b5 they seem so much faster and they can run good even if u cant tune perfect engine for club racing and learning to tune if my grp takes a dumo its ganna be my jbrl engine lol
???
Old 06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
???
Gibberish doesn't even start to cover it..

Since it is an Alpha Plus engine I would get one of those rather than the Dynamite version.. Mainly because they don't tell you what version the Dynamite is and there are 3 Alphas..
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Gibberish doesn't even start to cover it..
No kidding. I didn't understand one thing in that..

Anyways I've seen 2 of these engines run and they seem like they do great! Both driver's that have them said they love it.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

hehe..alpha base engine..i've got an alpha..power is great..loads of low end power..mid was good..high end power...just like it..

the alpha blew my rear diff on my truggy..
Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
This motor is very fast!!! it is not made by SH like other Dynamite engines, it is made by Alpha so run the A-Plus pipe and it will rip!!!! Every one I know that runs Alpha engines runs a Novarossi carb but you don't need to.

And so far I was told the Alpha engine is produced at the same producer as SH....
Old 06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
And so far I was told the Alpha engine is produced at the same producer as SH....
Not true, not even the same country!!! Alpha is Taiwan SH is China.

http://www.alpha-rc.com/

http://www.shengines.com/

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 06-30-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
you mean GO don't you ? all those companies are intertwined, share parts,pipes technology etc !!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

SH is not Chinese, they are Taiwan. They opened a China office in 2008.
Scroll down on this page:
http://www.shengines.com/index_2.htm
Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
SH is not Chinese, they are Taiwan. They opened a China office in 2008.
Scroll down on this page:
http://www.shengines.com/index_2.htm
The SH engines are made it china
Guang Tai Business Center , Building B ,7F Chang'an Town XinAn 2nd Road ,#3 Dongguan , GuangDong China

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 06-30-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

back on topic

The XPE is a great engine for the $. IMO, compared to my 21XP it has quite a bit more bottom-to-mid power, and after being fully broken in, the runtime became similar. It took a little longer to break in than the XP, but it really came around after that. There were 4 being run at the Nats last weekend (that I know of); Josh Stough, Alex Sturgeon, Derek Weatherholt and myself. Josh qualified directly into the semi's and ended up in the top 25 overall. Alex, Derek and I ended up in the Quarters, Alex finished 1 spot out of transferring into the semi's also. I'm not sure what pipe Derek had, but I ran mine with the Orion 2013, Alex ran the Losi RE10, and Josh had the (soon to come) Dynamite 2081, all ran very well. I ran that 2081 pipe on my 8T 2.0, I really liked it as well. I've put a total of Three Dynamite #5 plugs thru my XPE during the 3+ gallons it has on it. I still really like the SH-based XP motors, but the XPE has great low-to-mid power and a noticeably different powerband.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
The SH engines are made it china
Guang Tai Business Center , Building B ,7F Chang'an Town XinAn 2nd Road ,#3 Dongguan , GuangDong China

That address is clearly marked "Our China Branch Office was established in March 2008" in yellow right above it. It's an office, not a factory.

SH headquarters:

GOLDEN LION ENTERPRISE CO., LTD
NO.19 , LANE 258 , SHUEI YUAN ROAD , FENG YUAN , TAICHUNG SHIEN ,TAIWAN , R.O.C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.