R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Hello Racers, Rcrenew.com website is now up! Concentrating on the "racers" needs we offer .21 nitro engine re-sizing and Re-filling crankshafts where the factory epoxy has come loose. We have a 1 day turn around time on our services to get you back and running fast!

Please visit the Website RcRenew.com

Regards,

Rcrenew
Goof likes this.
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

What product are you using to re-fill crankshafts?
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Kalgard Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good luck with the new venture. What type of tooling are you using to pinch?
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
What product are you using to re-fill crankshafts?
We use shin etsu or TBI for the crank fill. Both have proven to be very durable and last a long time (more than the life of the engine)and be more more chemical resistant than the factory fill used in a lot of the engines.

Thanks,

RcRenew
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The equipment we use is a very high quality and give outstanding results in performance and longetivity. Like everything there are different ways to do things and Im sure most everyone in the business is doing it a different way. But for us especially have tried a lot of services ourselves in the past the results with out work have been great.

Thanks,
Rcrenew
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,178
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

I'll vouch for the ShinEtsu silicone. It's very durable if applied properly
__________________
Team Associated Reedy JConcepts.net FusionX USA
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
The equipment we use is a very high quality and give outstanding results in performance and longetivity. Like everything there are different ways to do things and Im sure most everyone in the business is doing it a different way. But for us especially have tried a lot of services ourselves in the past the results with out work have been great.

Thanks,
Rcrenew
This doesn't really answer the question much.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
The equipment we use is a very high quality and give outstanding results in performance and longetivity. Like everything there are different ways to do things and Im sure most everyone in the business is doing it a different way. But for us especially have tried a lot of services ourselves in the past the results with out work have been great.

Thanks,
Rcrenew
Come on man, your going to have to post some pics
of your sleeve re-sizing equipment if you want to get
any customers on this site. A pipe clamp or lathe chuck
doesn't cut it around here. There are pros who do p/s
re-sizing properly on here already.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Ther are pics on my site. but as you know you will not be able to see how good a resize is by a picture? The picture will shoe how it looks clean, but all the measurement and the actual resizing will not be visable in a picture?

And I just want to say this, I personally have been in the hobby 20 years. I got layed off 6 months ago and was the soul provider for may wife and family. I am just trying to make ends meet. And provide and quality, honest service.

I know there are others who do this work, I am not trying nor will I ever say anything bad about others work. BUt please guys, does it mean because there are others out there doing it that I cant offer the service too?

I am just a Racer who loves the hobby and who is trying to make ends meet.

And i have seen the discussions or more like arguments on what equipment and method is better.. I really dont want to get involved in all that. And as far as the equipment goes. Doesnt what really matters is the end result? If you have good results and longetivity thhats whats important.

I am just on here to offer my services, If you already are happy with some else's service then by all means keep using them. BUt if your not then our service is available.


Thanks, Lance
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,112
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

silicone filled cranks?

i noticed it says you can fill a crank in 1 day and return ship?
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,244
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

whers does osrocket...or rayaracing "show" their equipment?...my engine guys AD motor workz uses the raya racing equipment and its a press with some dies...give this guy a break if u dont want to use him then so be it but to come here and demand photos of his equipment is just dumb...
__________________
-Ryan Klemme
NemoRacingUSA.com,Beta tires,Agama, Triton Engines, Rocket Graphics, Byron Fuels, RcRenew, Major Art & Hobby, BuKu Products,
Midwest team manager for Nemoracingusa
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
Tech Addict
 
jammin32j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake county
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
Ther are pics on my site. but as you know you will not be able to see how good a resize is by a picture? The picture will shoe how it looks clean, but all the measurement and the actual resizing will not be visable in a picture?

And I just want to say this, I personally have been in the hobby 20 years. I got layed off 6 months ago and was the soul provider for may wife and family. I am just trying to make ends meet. And provide and quality, honest service.

I know there are others who do this work, I am not trying nor will I ever say anything bad about others work. BUt please guys, does it mean because there are others out there doing it that I cant offer the service too?

I am just a Racer who loves the hobby and who is trying to make ends meet.

And i have seen the discussions or more like arguments on what equipment and method is better.. I really dont want to get involved in all that. And as far as the equipment goes. Doesnt what really matters is the end result? If you have good results and longetivity thhats whats important.

I am just on here to offer my services, If you already are happy with some else's service then by all means keep using them. BUt if your not then our service is available.


Thanks, Lance
I know what you mean buddy. Times are tough right now and I think if you can offer a service of good quality and price then you should go for it. We can always use more service providers and manufactures. That gives us the consumer a choice. This hobby would be boring without choices. Good luck and when I need a sleeve resized or a crank filled I'll look you up.
__________________
VP Pro, Agama
Hitec-7955's, 3Pk----AKA Racing Tires
Absolutehobbyz.com____Dirtrc.com
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Kalgard Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I understand why some asre asking what equipment. We just want to know how this company is doing it? It would help him to post a pic of the tooling to ease some minds and sell his services. I am NOT asking to put down this new company or anything, but like some said, the Ole Pipe Clamp method is not what I would want used.

I wish this new company the best and I hope he does well. The economy sucks and it is tough for many of out there including us. Questions should never be construde as "blasting" a company, but I agree those questioned can be a asked in a more polite manner.

My only suggestion to Renew would be for them to be as forth coming as possible to build the trust of their customers and they will do great.


Again, good luck to RenewRC.
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Thank's guys for your support I appreciate it. This is a great site with a lot of great people on here.

We aslo mention on our website to Beware of the $10 clamp. WE have seen this ruin many engines and even inspected one our self and its a total joke. So no, we are not using any clamps or cheap methods. Its just out of respect to the other guys doing this LONG before we have that WE are not posting pics of our method. Because we dont see them posting pics. Thats all, We are just trying to be courteous and good people.

Thanks, Lance
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
whers does osrocket...or rayaracing "show" their equipment?...my engine guys AD motor workz uses the raya racing equipment and its a press with some dies...give this guy a break if u dont want to use him then so be it but to come here and demand photos of his equipment is just dumb...
As a matter of fact, one of the above mentioned did show
me the equipment he uses to do a proper p/s resizing.
That is why he has got all my business. When it comes down
to me spending my hard earned money, I want to know the service
i'm paying for is being done properly. He had no problems with my
straight foward questions and wasn't evasive about showing me
the equipment he uses.
I'm sorry if I offened anyone, I know my words may come
off as being a little rough to some of the limp wristed members
on here.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net