Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New STS T21E $99 motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I deal with STS for more than 6 years in HK and STS do know their problems and keep getting better, sure we do have the Leopard engine and ebay is selling for 150.9 ship to USA in stock which is very reasonable, the weak point is the bearings if anyone can invest alittle more on bearings like Boca will be the way to go. They will not using anymore black crankshafts as they are too hard so now they are using better materials and the crankshaft for now is back to Silver.

BTW thanks for Mark bringing me to rctech.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default sts leopard

the sts leopard is now released on the market

has anyone tried them ?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoomark
Well I deal with STS for more than 6 years in HK and STS do know their problems and keep getting better, sure we do have the Leopard engine and ebay is selling for 150.9 ship to USA in stock which is very reasonable, the weak point is the bearings if anyone can invest alittle more on bearings like Boca will be the way to go. They will not using anymore black crankshafts as they are too hard so now they are using better materials and the crankshaft for now is back to Silver.

BTW thanks for Mark bringing me to rctech.
This is good news, is there something in place (discount or something on the new crank) for those of us that fell victim to the black crank snapping? the rest of the engine is fine, just the crank and conrod are both broken from the time the crank snapped. if you need pics i can provide them.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Posting to sub, this engine should rock.

Haven't bought an STS engine in 4 years, have they done anything for the carb?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Yes the carb we all notice this and alot of my customers are using other carbs maybe this is a bad idea but it works. For the snapping crank you can talk to the one who sold the engine to you or in rc_mall they give reasonable support. Why not give a try on Leopard? Marcus will give you guys a full report as he will getting one soon.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have put over a gallon on the leopard engine. It has been a solid engine. I havent had any issues with the bearings. The carb is new and comes with aluminum venturi's The only issue that I had with the motor has been a leaky headbutton. But the factory has replaced it. It like to run at around 240 to make good power. I would not hesistate to give one a try.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hoomark
Yes the carb we all notice this and alot of my customers are using other carbs maybe this is a bad idea but it works. For the snapping crank you can talk to the one who sold the engine to you or in rc_mall they give reasonable support. Why not give a try on Leopard? Marcus will give you guys a full report as he will getting one soon.
tried that. took them 12-16 days to reply each time i emailed them, it took 5 emails of them saying "not worth fixing that engine" before they would actually quote me a price that was higher than listed . so essentially contacting customer service was almost a 2 month journey to a non answer.

Thank you.

Oh i did find that a Go conrod fits the sts mill perfectly and go's being 12 bucks is an added bonus. oh yeah their cranks fit in the sts mill as well.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sly6t
iv been looking at this engine to put in my basher mugen mbx5r , sum thing cheapish with good power. its a toss up between this mill the sts leopard or the sts dragon . the last 2 are about $30 more but are 5 port. has any one used the other 2 ?
i had the old 5 port dragon, it went a solid 5 gallons before the crank snapped and that was with rookie tuning, overheats, truggy and buggy. power was not on/off switch either but i think they may have had a bit more top end than the 3 port. the 3 port loves the 007 pipe and it is pretty fast. very impressed, glad i didn't get the ninja instead.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

cheeers mate , thanks for the info , for the price and that fact i dont race i might look at the 3p $99 mill
Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Last edited by underway; 07-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Marcus.... any news on the Leopard engine?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ive had a few Sts engines in the last few years and never had a crank break.The only ones that Ive seen broke were modded by rb mods.I've had the 21b,21t mk2 and the old 3 port all were good engines and never had any problems with the crank the last one I had had 12 gallons on the crank.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
Ive had a few Sts engines in the last few years and never had a crank break.The only ones that Ive seen broke were modded by rb mods.I've had the 21b,21t mk2 and the old 3 port all were good engines and never had any problems with the crank the last one I had had 12 gallons on the crank.
i bought a stock d21t used with who knows how many gallons and i put about 5-6 gallons on it and it always ran perfect and one day the crank broke. it was odd.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
hey there i know this is off subject but in your signature you have a mention of fioroni usa. is that affiliated with you or the hobby shop also listed? or is it just giving props to a good company.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looper
hey there i know this is off subject but in your signature you have a mention of fioroni usa. is that affiliated with you or the hobby shop also listed? or is it just giving props to a good company.
I am a fioroni usa sponsored driver.They are a great company and have many quality products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.