TQ Engines

Old 04-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Default TQ Engines

Return of a great Italian Mill.

Well I am sure most have heard that TQ will be selling the last version of the GRP/Losi Engine.

This engine had proven success in the market and was well liked.

The engine is being manufactured at the same original plant,the only change is now Rody Roem is in charge.Rody has told us of some small but very important changes he has made to better improve the quality of the engine and its performance.Rody Roem was the guru behind the success of some of the great RB engines that we all loved.

Engine Upgrades

Connecting Rod
The rod was changed for better endurance under high revs

Carburetor
The Carb was tweaked for better fuel economy along with a easier tuning window.

Thanks
TQ Fuel

Last edited by J.Whiting; 10-08-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

sweet!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Default New Engine

Here is a picture of the New Engine
Attached Thumbnails TQ  Engines-02-001-21b-orange.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Well this is good to see!!! Rody is a great person and is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to nitro engines. Just knowing he is involved in the project I know these engines will be done right before they hit the streets.

Not sure how many people remember but when he was still running the show at RB they had their own forums where Rody himself would provide a TON of help for people with all sorts of problems. Can't say I know of any other manufacturer of engines that has the the main man behind the engines on the website helping the end user. Our hobby could use someone as customer oriented as himself back in it!

Good luck in your new endeavor Rody!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fuel

I hear the fuel has also been reformulated with an upgraded oil package, for improved idle, run-times, engine protection, and cooler temps. And no color added.

When and where can customers order the new formula?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyJ
I hear the fuel has also been reformulated with an upgraded oil package, for improved idle, run-times, engine protection, and cooler temps. And no color added.

When and where can customers order the new formula?
The new fuel is in stores now. Check with the dealers that was carring the fuel. I know Cullman RC hobbies has it.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Well this is good to see!!! Rody is a great person and is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to nitro engines. Just knowing he is involved in the project I know these engines will be done right before they hit the streets.

Not sure how many people remember but when he was still running the show at RB they had their own forums where Rody himself would provide a TON of help for people with all sorts of problems. Can't say I know of any other manufacturer of engines that has the the main man behind the engines on the website helping the end user. Our hobby could use someone as customer oriented as himself back in it!

Good luck in your new endeavor Rody!!!
Read the WERKS B5 thread at all??

None the less I'm glad to see Rody back at it! I'm sure these engines will be even better than they used to be.

Wait a minute didn't that factory "burn down"??
Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Read the WERKS B5 thread at all??

None the less I'm glad to see Rody back at it! I'm sure these engines will be even better than they used to be.

Wait a minute didn't that factory "burn down"??
No I have no reason to read the Werks B5 thread, I wasn't talking about Rody using RCTech to help people. They had their own dedicated website that was for RB support only, didn't have to put up with all the yahoo's this site has to offer.

If indeed the Owner/Designer of the Werks engines is the one helping people in the Werks thread than kudos to them. Most companies have a rep here doing the answering of questions for people, not the owner/designer.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No I have no reason to read the Werks B5 thread, I wasn't talking about Rody using RCTech to help people. They had their own dedicated website that was for RB support only, didn't have to put up with all the yahoo's this site has to offer.

If indeed the Owner/Designer of the Werks engines is the one helping people in the Werks thread than kudos to them. Most companies have a rep here doing the answering of questions for people, not the owner/designer.
Calm down dude. I'm just messing with you. I guess the smiley face didn't indicate that though.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

congrats luther! Putting together the whole package!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well then I guess everyone on RC Tech is fortunate that I'm on here. Who knows maybe the excellent customer support has something to do with the Dutch blood running in both Rody and my veins lol! In any case, Luther congrats on picking up the line!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Sounds good. Ill be waiting for the new buggy/engine/fuel combo. Makes my life a little bit easier.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Did they rebuild the factory, I thought it burned down?

http://www.redrc.net/2009/05/grp-gan...royed-by-fire/
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats Luther. You will sell allot of those.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Whats up Shane

Thanks Shane and Dave we are working hard,this is a tough industry and you have to stay focused and driven to keep up.

That factory never built the engines they were built somewhere else and sold under that brand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.