pipe cleaning

Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Man, A guy can eat his dinner then clean his pipe. How awesome is that.

Just watch the antifreeze around the dogs. They love the flavor, just not the end result.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Dang. I just did this and it works amazing. I left them in on high for 8 hours and viola looks brand new again. One of the pipes has never been cleaned in nearly 2 years and everything and I mean everything came off.

Sorry didnt take before pics. I wish I would have cause it worked awesome
Did you use the high setting?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you guys have said great results with polished pipes.

how are the coated pipes coming out? i wanna try my coated JP3, but i don't want all my paint to fall off.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Frank, Yes I used the High setting. There was a good amount of steam that comes off of it when you open the lid though. When I do it next time I'm going to leave it on 8 hours on High, unplug it and let it cool for a few hours then take them out. That way you don't have to accidentally breath any of the steam.

Not sure about hardcoated pipes. They were never difficult to clean for me. Read the whole thread someone said you could do it just not too long or it would start to remove the coating. It was in an earlier post
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

If you have ever breathed nitro, I sure wouldn't worry about a little antifreeze steam.
If it were me, I would apply common sense on this topic. Simply take a deep breath, hold it, remove lid, get it out, turn around, let air out and breathe normal again.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by builtb16a
you guys have said great results with polished pipes.

how are the coated pipes coming out? i wanna try my coated JP3, but i don't want all my paint to fall off.
I had the Losi RE10 coating come off of 2 pipes. I tried leaving the second one in for less time and forgot. Did it again. Damn it anyway! If you can remember to pull it at about 6-8 hours you will probably not hurt it. Also, the Jammin coating is much better and may not have an issue.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stanton
If you can remember to pull it at about 6-8 hours you will probably not hurt it. Also, the Jammin coating is much better and may not have an issue.
cool, i'll be sure to give it a try.. but im a picture taker.. so expect to see results from me.. im gunna try this weekend.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Crockpot

Works fantastic/ Dynamite hard anodized pipe came out looking brand new. Used 100% PEAK Green glycol antifreeze, cooked on high for 6 hrs, also placed my Jammin Jp4 pipe in late and was in crockpot for only 2 1/2 hrs and still came out perfect (no damge at all to Hard coating, print on pipe still perfect) just looks like I bought a new pipe. Be careful with fumes leave lid on at all times, let cool before removing pipes.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramirez24
Works fantastic/ Dynamite hard anodized pipe came out looking brand new. Used 100% PEAK Green glycol antifreeze, cooked on high for 6 hrs, also placed my Jammin Jp4 pipe in late and was in crockpot for only 2 1/2 hrs and still came out perfect (no damge at all to Hard coating, print on pipe still perfect) just looks like I bought a new pipe. Be careful with fumes leave lid on at all times, let cool before removing pipes.
I use 50/50 mix antifreeze, cheaper and the result is the same!! No need for 100% antifreeze. And yes keep away from pets.My buddy just lost 1 of his dogs and the other one costed $1800.00 at the vets.

Last edited by teamlosi906; 12-12-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you decided to do this there is something you should know and look for once the pipe is clean. I found out the hard way and it was a very simple overlooked nightmare.

After cleaning I could not get fuel to enter the carb and the fuel bubbles were moving backwards in the fuel line. There was no pressure even when covering the exhaust.

The only way I could fuel to the carb was by blowing into exhaust line. I changed fuel line and sat there dumbfounded. It didnt dawn on me until remembered that I just cleaned it. I had a local pro take a look due to frustration.

Keep in mind when you are soaking the pipe its also cleaning the inside of the pipe stripping all of the build up. What happened was the build up was too large to pass the exhaust nipple on the top of the pipe and it was plugged. A simple very small drill bit by hand removed the blockage and I was good as new.

So check all openings to make sure everything is clear.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys does it really matter what anti freeze you use.. i mean green or the orange reddish one...does it matter.. and i cant get the build up out of the inside of my pipe... i left it for 8 hrs... maybe next time i'll put in for 24hrs.. but i used the reddish anti freeze...
thx in advance
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
Why doesn't anyone take before and after pics?
+1, would love to see these, or even just afters
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are my pictures. I used straight Antifreeze (Green) in the crockpot on high for about 7 hours. Sorry for the bad quality of pics. Used my cell phone in bad lighting.

Before

After

Last edited by seayya; 12-15-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seayya
Here are my pictures. I used straight Antifreeze (Green) in the crockpot on high for about 7 hours. Sorry for the bad quality of pics. Used my cell phone in bad lighting.

Before

After
how is the inside of the pipes... thats my main concern.. performance can decrease with to much carbon build up in the pipe
Old 12-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
how is the inside of the pipes... thats my main concern.. performance can decrease with to much carbon build up in the pipe

I did not look real close to the inside of the pipes before cleaning, but now they still have the dark look to them but they appear to be clean.

Now I can say this the Ninja pipe is over 2 years old and has been used as my main pipe for the entire time I have had it. It has been on my Ninja motors. Last weekend I went to a track in FT. Walton Beach, FL that I run a few times a year. I have been running a Mugen MBX6 for close to 2 years, and with this pipe (before cleaning) and my new Ninja my run times have been in the 9.5 - 10 minutes. Now I went back this past weekend with my new Agama, cleaned pipe, and same Ninja and ran 11.42 with the motor still running. I do not know what the main difference could have been. The air temp was around 15-20 degrees cooler this past weekend versus 6 weeks ago when I was there. This Ninja by FAR had more punch and top end than I have seen on my Ninja's in over a year. IS IT all about the pipe cleaning.....I do NOT know, but it CAN'T hurt to try!!!

Hope this helps.

Keith

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.