Old 01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default S&W fuel

Any one users this fuel? opinios, please
Old 01-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ive used the Race Blend for 4 years straight. Always perfect, always the same from gallon to gallon. He also makes several other brands of fuel for other companies.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I used to go to his house and pick it up, thats when I could get it for $10.00 a gallon. It is very good fuel, now i just order Byron's or werks fuel from amain because it's about the same price when you break it down. I think S&W is $25.00-$30.00 now
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Used it once at a big race and it ran great and had no motor issues.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default message

If you want to find out about s&w fuels just vic garcia or any of the jammin guys on offroadrc.ca
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One of the best I have used, we are running them down here in Kuwait, and extreme weather conditions and they run perfect.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8scaleracer2006
If you want to find out about s&w fuels just vic garcia or any of the jammin guys on offroadrc.ca
That's like asking the Sprudewood team if Losi is a good car, or Tebo if Kyosho is good...I want opinions from the average Joe on there experience with this fuel.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like it because it doesn't have that strong odonnell or werks fuel smell, Not a whole lot of varnishing inside the motor and i have been getting good life from them also. overall an awesome fuel
Old 03-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Most people aren't aware of it, BUT...S&W has been blending nitro since 1975, and are THE largest manufacturer of fuel on the east coast!!!

Many other fuel companies have solicited S&W's services over the years, to help them with their own products, and S&W has become industry renowned for their ability to create cutting edge fuel, as well as custom blends for everything including RC cars, boats, planes, helis, etc...

I was approached by a gentleman at this years Motorama race, as a result of wearing a S&W sweatshirt. It turns out, he was in the business of testing different types of fuels. He proceeded to tell me about how amazing S&W was during his testing of nitro model fuels. After testing EVERY nationally recognized brand of nitro racing fuel, S&W was by FAR the superior fuel.

I won't mention any brand names here, other than tell you that S&W's 'trophy blend' rivaled the 2nd overall company quite handily, under lab conditions, as well as practical and theoretical testing. One example was that under identical conditions, the S&W fuel ran 3mph faster than the next best fuel, and if that's not incredible enough...it did 3mph faster running 20 degrees cooler!!!

S&W Fuels works in conjunction with another of it's companies called Synthetic Performance Lubricants (http://www.splube.com/whosusingit.html), and through this alliance, S&W is able to access the worlds most advanced lubricants and other oil based products. Combine that with 35 years of making nitro fuel, and what you have is a product that's nothing short of extraordinary!

I understand that S&W isn't one of the hobby's most recognizable fuels, but all of that is going to be changing in 2010. Through an exciting, and complex new marketing plan, as well as a 35 year head start, S&W will be making a mark on the industry. Of this, I'm sure!

Last edited by BBFBCAP; 03-07-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've gotten a lot of PM's inquiring about S&W. That's cool! I hope they answer all your guys' questions.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

How can we get some all the way to california and what would the cost be??
Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWOWHEELDUDE
How can we get some all the way to california and what would the cost be??
The fuel would come by the case in quarts.$80 a case for 20% Nitro and $92 a case for 30% Nitro shipped via Fed-X.Price includes shipping to CA.If your planning on putting in a larger order now or in the future the price would be better. Here's the link to order fuel [email protected]
Place your order fill out all the information, name, address, phone number. S&W will contact you for payment when your order is ready to ship.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BBFBCAP
Most people aren't aware of it, BUT...S&W has been blending nitro since 1975, and are THE largest manufacturer of fuel on the east coast!!!

Many other fuel companies have solicited S&W's services over the years, to help them with their own products, and S&W has become industry renowned for their ability to create cutting edge fuel, as well as custom blends for everything including RC cars, boats, planes, helis, etc...

I was approached by a gentleman at this years Motorama race, as a result of wearing a S&W sweatshirt. It turns out, he was in the business of testing different types of fuels. He proceeded to tell me about how amazing S&W was during his testing of nitro model fuels. After testing EVERY nationally recognized brand of nitro racing fuel, S&W was by FAR the superior fuel.

I won't mention any brand names here, other than tell you that S&W's 'trophy blend' rivaled the 2nd overall company quite handily, under lab conditions, as well as practical and theoretical testing. One example was that under identical conditions, the S&W fuel ran 3mph faster than the next best fuel, and if that's not incredible enough...it did 3mph faster running 20 degrees cooler!!!

S&W Fuels works in conjunction with another of it's companies called Synthetic Performance Lubricants (http://www.splube.com/whosusingit.html), and through this alliance, S&W is able to access the worlds most advanced lubricants and other oil based products. Combine that with 35 years of making nitro fuel, and what you have is a product that's nothing short of extraordinary!

I understand that S&W isn't one of the hobby's most recognizable fuels, but all of that is going to be changing in 2010. Through an exciting, and complex new marketing plan, as well as a 35 year head start, S&W will be making a mark on the industry. Of this, I'm sure!

+10

SW Rock !
Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
+10

SW Rock !
WOW! That's AWESOME to hear coming from you man. RIGHT ON!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default S&W LOSI

Thanks again Stan for everything!
Attached Thumbnails S&W fuel-losi-011.jpg   S&W fuel-losi-005.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.