R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default S&W fuel

Any one users this fuel? opinios, please
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Losi 3.0, Losi 3.0e, Losi 3.0t, Fusion X, Pro tec servos
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ive used the Race Blend for 4 years straight. Always perfect, always the same from gallon to gallon. He also makes several other brands of fuel for other companies.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used to go to his house and pick it up, thats when I could get it for $10.00 a gallon. It is very good fuel, now i just order Byron's or werks fuel from amain because it's about the same price when you break it down. I think S&W is $25.00-$30.00 now
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Used it once at a big race and it ran great and had no motor issues.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default message

If you want to find out about s&w fuels just vic garcia or any of the jammin guys on offroadrc.ca
8scaleracer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

One of the best I have used, we are running them down here in Kuwait, and extreme weather conditions and they run perfect.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8scaleracer2006 View Post
If you want to find out about s&w fuels just vic garcia or any of the jammin guys on offroadrc.ca
That's like asking the Sprudewood team if Losi is a good car, or Tebo if Kyosho is good...I want opinions from the average Joe on there experience with this fuel.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Losi 3.0, Losi 3.0e, Losi 3.0t, Fusion X, Pro tec servos
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:45 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like it because it doesn't have that strong odonnell or werks fuel smell, Not a whole lot of varnishing inside the motor and i have been getting good life from them also. overall an awesome fuel
B_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Most people aren't aware of it, BUT...S&W has been blending nitro since 1975, and are THE largest manufacturer of fuel on the east coast!!!

Many other fuel companies have solicited S&W's services over the years, to help them with their own products, and S&W has become industry renowned for their ability to create cutting edge fuel, as well as custom blends for everything including RC cars, boats, planes, helis, etc...

I was approached by a gentleman at this years Motorama race, as a result of wearing a S&W sweatshirt. It turns out, he was in the business of testing different types of fuels. He proceeded to tell me about how amazing S&W was during his testing of nitro model fuels. After testing EVERY nationally recognized brand of nitro racing fuel, S&W was by FAR the superior fuel.

I won't mention any brand names here, other than tell you that S&W's 'trophy blend' rivaled the 2nd overall company quite handily, under lab conditions, as well as practical and theoretical testing. One example was that under identical conditions, the S&W fuel ran 3mph faster than the next best fuel, and if that's not incredible enough...it did 3mph faster running 20 degrees cooler!!!

S&W Fuels works in conjunction with another of it's companies called Synthetic Performance Lubricants (http://www.splube.com/whosusingit.html), and through this alliance, S&W is able to access the worlds most advanced lubricants and other oil based products. Combine that with 35 years of making nitro fuel, and what you have is a product that's nothing short of extraordinary!

I understand that S&W isn't one of the hobby's most recognizable fuels, but all of that is going to be changing in 2010. Through an exciting, and complex new marketing plan, as well as a 35 year head start, S&W will be making a mark on the industry. Of this, I'm sure!

Last edited by BBFBCAP; 03-07-2010 at 06:59 AM.
BBFBCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

I've gotten a lot of PM's inquiring about S&W. That's cool! I hope they answer all your guys' questions.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How can we get some all the way to california and what would the cost be??
TWOWHEELDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOWHEELDUDE View Post
How can we get some all the way to california and what would the cost be??
The fuel would come by the case in quarts.$80 a case for 20% Nitro and $92 a case for 30% Nitro shipped via Fed-X.Price includes shipping to CA.If your planning on putting in a larger order now or in the future the price would be better. Here's the link to order fuel sales@s-whobby.com
Place your order fill out all the information, name, address, phone number. S&W will contact you for payment when your order is ready to ship.
AbsoluteHobbyz VP-PRO
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
Most people aren't aware of it, BUT...S&W has been blending nitro since 1975, and are THE largest manufacturer of fuel on the east coast!!!

Many other fuel companies have solicited S&W's services over the years, to help them with their own products, and S&W has become industry renowned for their ability to create cutting edge fuel, as well as custom blends for everything including RC cars, boats, planes, helis, etc...

I was approached by a gentleman at this years Motorama race, as a result of wearing a S&W sweatshirt. It turns out, he was in the business of testing different types of fuels. He proceeded to tell me about how amazing S&W was during his testing of nitro model fuels. After testing EVERY nationally recognized brand of nitro racing fuel, S&W was by FAR the superior fuel.

I won't mention any brand names here, other than tell you that S&W's 'trophy blend' rivaled the 2nd overall company quite handily, under lab conditions, as well as practical and theoretical testing. One example was that under identical conditions, the S&W fuel ran 3mph faster than the next best fuel, and if that's not incredible enough...it did 3mph faster running 20 degrees cooler!!!

S&W Fuels works in conjunction with another of it's companies called Synthetic Performance Lubricants (http://www.splube.com/whosusingit.html), and through this alliance, S&W is able to access the worlds most advanced lubricants and other oil based products. Combine that with 35 years of making nitro fuel, and what you have is a product that's nothing short of extraordinary!

I understand that S&W isn't one of the hobby's most recognizable fuels, but all of that is going to be changing in 2010. Through an exciting, and complex new marketing plan, as well as a 35 year head start, S&W will be making a mark on the industry. Of this, I'm sure!

+10

SW Rock !
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods View Post
+10

SW Rock !
WOW! That's AWESOME to hear coming from you man. RIGHT ON!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default S&W LOSI

Thanks again Stan for everything!
Attached Thumbnails
S&W fuel-losi-011.jpg   S&W fuel-losi-005.jpg  
AbsoluteHobbyz VP-PRO
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links